West Michigan upholstery shops? >

West Michigan upholstery shops?

Notices

West Michigan upholstery shops?

Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Michigan upholstery shops?

I need to have my cockpit reupholstered. The bolsters are okay but everything else is going to need to be recovered and a lot of the wood will need to be replaced. Just curious to find out who everyone is using in the Grand Rapids area.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

xt-innovations in ohio,dave and lon are super and great work and prices. jmo
Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Appearance Products on south division GR
Craig Ellis owner
Craig does most of the Skater interiors for Douglas Marine and owns his own 36 Skater

He does alot of boat interiors Call him

7496 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
http://www.appearanceproductsinc.co...
(616) 827-8641
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered

I had actually called Appearance and talked to Craig before I posted this morning. Nice guy and they do incredible work but I'm not looking to spend that much
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by feline frenzy
xt-innovations in ohio,dave and lon are super and great work and prices. jmo
2xt
Old 04-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbent
I had actually called Appearance and talked to Craig before I posted this morning. Nice guy and they do incredible work but I'm not looking to spend that much
I hear ya! I spoke to a guy who used to be one of Craig's top guys at Apperance Products and has just recently started his own business about 2 miles down the street to the North on Division and on the west side of the street.

I cannot remember the name of his new business, but his name is Nick Hardy 477-6571. His pricing is lower than AP. Give Nick a call and he can explain it to you.

I know a few guys who have used Nick including my engine builder Dave Wesseldyk and were/are very pleased with the work.

Last edited by KAAMA; 04-20-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I hear ya! I spoke to a guy who used to be one of Craig's top guys at Apperance Products and has just recently started his own business about 2 miles down the street to the North on Division and on the west side of the street.

I cannot remember the name of his new business, but his name is Nick Hardy 477-6571. His pricing is lower than AP. Give Nick a call and he can explain it to you.

I know a few guys who have used Nick including my engine builder Dave Wesseldyk and were/are very pleased with the work.

And i believe Nick is back working for Craig --Could not make it on his own (might have been he was too inexpensive)

You get what ya pay for in this case

I am sure there are plenty of shops that are good and cheaper but Craig's crew are great, and more expensive

If you want it done cheap there are plenty of places to go Craig is NOT cheap but the quality is exceptional Just my .24
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered

I hope you do not think I am talking down to you. There are plenty to choose from, Craig is not cheap. Good luck, i hope you get done what you need cost effectivly
Old 04-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
I hope you do not think I am talking down to you. There are plenty to choose from, Craig is not cheap. Good luck, i hope you get done what you need cost effectivly
Nope...didn't take it that way at all. Their work is top notch and they don't appear to have a shortage of it, which I'm sure allows them to charge more. I just can't justify spending half of what I paid for the boat to have my cockpit redone. If money was no object it would already be there.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

We can help you at AITS. I think you've already contacted us via E-mail. We do a lot of Cigarette interiors. Nick