Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   PIB first timer...advice? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/279542-pib-first-timer-advice.html)

89gti 06-27-2012 12:12 PM

PIB first timer...advice?

I live near Detroit and normally boat on LSC. Never been to PIB, but would like to make the trip their this summer with my wife.

Does anyone know of launch south of Detroit that I could launch at and leave my truck/trailer there overnight? Also, are there any private slips at PIB, as a first timer I just want to feel it out and would rather not raft-up.

Thanks...

THE 288 KID 06-27-2012 03:30 PM

Bolles harbor boat launch in monroe is awesome. As for pib I've never been.

jriggs 06-29-2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID (Post 3718976)

You should go. It is a blast if you like to drink beer, and look a chics.

bigfarmer 06-29-2012 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID (Post 3718976)

U Aint a boater if you live that close to PIB and have never been....Im an illegal alien and ive been just shy of a million :lolhit: Keep Out of the corn fields and get over there...:angry-smiley-038:

s022mag 07-01-2012 10:12 PM

Most of the the private docks belong to yacht clubs, I dock at the public docks which are A B and C docks right across from the boardwalk. Rafting off there is big and if you go on a busy weekend you can count on it, up to 4 boats. Your other choices are the mooring buoys, or anchoring in front of Perry's monument. A water taxi will pick you up. There are individual docks at middle bass, not sure of the marina, then you can take over the sonny s to PIB. There are also state docks on PIB but not sure where they are, I just know there close to some really shallow water.

Good time there for sure.

frickstyle 07-02-2012 06:44 AM

We went up this weekend. I have always docked at the public docks but this time stayed over at Park Place. It's new, clean, and private showers too. You can stay in your own slip. I joined as a member but you can show up, first come first served, so there is no guarantee you will get a slip. It really depends what you are into, they claim family friendly, however, it didn't stop us from turning up the tunes and having a good time on Saturday. Everyone there is pretty relaxed and accommodating. There is also a pretty good group of offshore boats that dock over there. We were over on the East end next to the monument, gets pretty shallow there so be careful.

phragle 07-02-2012 07:39 AM

1. I don't be;ieve you can park over night at bolles...not sure though I would double check on it.

2. do NOT pass out in the park, the cops really frown on it.

3. Dont pour a lot of dish soap in the fountain..the cops really frown on it.

4. Friends dont let friends wear buckets.

5. The place next to the roundie makes decent seagull...chicken doubtfull, seagull probable.

bill63 07-02-2012 09:20 AM

Lake erie metropark has a very good ramp. Private docks on the weekend will be impossable if you dont belong to a club. If going during the week call Crews Nest they will take you if they are not booked. Public docking sucks unless you dont mine people walking over your boat, running into it or puking on it !!!!

TWIN-SPINS 07-02-2012 09:54 AM

do the mooring buoys get full,,on a busy weekend???

frickstyle 07-02-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS (Post 3721853)
do the mooring buoys get full,,on a busy weekend???

Yes