Notices

Torch Lake info....

Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torch Lake info....

Thinking about hitting Torch this weekend. I was there once years ago but not with a boat. Wondering where to put in....where to stay....what not to miss When I was there everyone was hanging out on the sandbar on the South end....is that still the deal? How are they about speed on that lake?...and noise....lol. Any info appreciated.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sandbar is still "the" place to be. Dockside on clam river is the only place to eat on the water, but they have good food and atmosphere. If you go there, park on the seawall, don't try the finger slips on the north side, shallow and rocks. Alden bar is a good place to go too, they have slips in Alden where you can park and walk there, not far though. Watch it there too, shallow and rocky.
Johnny law is THICK up there. They are cracking down on noise due to deputized lake association ###holes. They got a STOCK single PQ this weekend at 104db. Backed right up to him with their boat so the sound had nowhere to go.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Hmmm....that could be a problem....Johnny Law won't like my boat.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't seem to understand proper noise testing technique... It's pretty spelled out in black and white in the handbook, but you know how officers can't read when it comes to the handbook (like harrassing you for something you don't have and is required, then you inform them that it is only required on the big water and not on the inland lakes...)
Old 07-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Were they asking to see your flares last week Fish??
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Pulled pork burrito at dockside! F'er is awesome. Ate like 3 last week...

All the boat launches suck.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Registered

Well...you guys talked me into staying in Muskegon/GH this weekend....lol.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

The best launch is Whitewater park on Elk Lake. The cops are thick but if your not an ahole they usually leave you alone. If you're going to do any hotrodding don't do it in the south end. The cops are usually after the pontoons with 20 drunk people on them.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Registered

Default torch lake noise test

My two sons and I were on Torch this past weekend on Sunday my boy's and I were at the Sand bar for about 3 hours when we left I had my son drive my 22 Donzi 502 prorcharged needless to say as soon as we fired her up the sheriff requested that follow him out into the lake away from the sandbar to conduct the noise test. It took 10 minutes, he explained every step of the procedure he also informed me that they were not issuing tickets this year, they are informing the boaters that the legal limit is 90 mine registered at 103.9 he informed next year they will be. My son asked how much a noise ticket would the sheriff thought it was about $300.00. I must say the sheriff did not ask any other questions or ask to see life jackets or any other safety devices. Time to start saving up for noise tickets for next year. If you have a loud boat go this year and don't worry about getting a ticket, next year will be a different story.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Funny. My buddies cat registered exactly 103.9 as well with the same meter on torch. Hmmmm sounds suspicious.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.