Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids >

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Notices

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Old 07-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
No pics? Curious to see a video of the boat from shore, and what it sounds like. We anchored out front of Cedar Point Saturday and Sunday. Water felt great as it was 95 and sunny all weekend. Great times, and boat got put away running, which is always a good thing.
I tried to get a video but by the time I heard you both coming I had to run over to the cabins etc. and you were already too far away. Boat looked great running and sounds awesome! We didn't go into the park on Saturday due to the heat so I was able to hear and see a some of the hardware running around. Awesome place for performance boats. We also saw the Silver top gun that came out of Chicago on Friday night when we were at Famous Daves.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Yeah, funny you mention the Silver and Blue boat. On our way up yesterday we saw him towing it on Rt.2, boat looked immaculate, spotless and shiny. Then on our way back into Sandusky Bay to the marina last night, we ripped past him. I saw him coming across in front of us from my Starboard side, and thought we would run together but he headed straight towards Cedar Point marina and came off plane. Was a great weekend, lots of fun and swimming, ran to Cedar Point beach, Huron, Kellys, Dockside cafe, etc. Saw a badass cat in /huron river, looked like an MTI - grey/silver.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Yeah, funny you mention the Silver and Blue boat. On our way up yesterday we saw him towing it on Rt.2, boat looked immaculate, spotless and shiny. Then on our way back into Sandusky Bay to the marina last night, we ripped past him. I saw him coming across in front of us from my Starboard side, and thought we would run together but he headed straight towards Cedar Point marina and came off plane. Was a great weekend, lots of fun and swimming, ran to Cedar Point beach, Huron, Kellys, Dockside cafe, etc. Saw a badass cat in /huron river, looked like an MTI - grey/silver.
Sounded like an Awesome weekend!!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Registered

It was J, seeing around 90+mph @ 5100 RPMs w/ only the 30pitch props on. I have 2 real nice sets of 32s, but thinking my 2" spacers and running 18"dia is slowing down my top end. Need to play with props and space back up 1". It certainly makes the boat more usable in this setup, but I only have about 3 hours run time on the boat this season so far. So the tweaking continues. It's a really fun boat around 80mph, trimmed out and running in 1-3s, keeps you on your toes. Have not ran it over 5200RPMs, limiters set around 6600, but I'm convinced it cannot pull these big props that high. When I run the slip numbers, drives actually look to be 1.4:1, meaning I may need to drop down a pitch size. On the flip side, 32s cruise real good! Easily can cruise 65-70mph with the bigger props, but it's probably loading the driveline a little too much, especially with 18"diameter. .
Old 07-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
We ran to vermilion Saturday to ankor out at the house and was a good day to do it.
Let us know next time, we'll cruise down. We didn't get out til later yesterday, like 4pm. Had to weld on some water pickup mod I have going on, ripped it off Friday/Saturday, a little tig welding repair in the marina lot.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

The silver and blue gun I almost bought 2 years ago, that’s Kool aid mans old boat it’s in great shape, buddy Eric owns it local to us Justin... he’s in Ridgeville off root/lordin Road

we boad and swam swam a ton ...

Old 07-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Let us know next time, we'll cruise down. We didn't get out til later yesterday, like 4pm. Had to weld on some water pickup mod I have going on, ripped it off Friday/Saturday, a little tig welding repair in the marina lot.
we will be doing it again. It was a nice run not to short and was nice having the house open for a bathroom and the grill to cook out. You guys are more then welcome to join us any time. You and full force missed the first beach party lol
Old 07-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

we will be doing it again. It was a nice run not to short and was nice having the house open for a bathroom and the grill to cook out. You guys are more then welcome to join us any time. You and full force missed the first beach party lol
Old 07-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I had a boat full of gas that wanted to be at Kellys Island at the end of the day so it was easier just to stay over there .. if it was just Cheryl and I we probably would’ve came over there
Old 07-05-2018, 07:05 AM
Registered

Bad Medicine - 41ft. Apache

Saw it last night downtown Cleveland / Whiskey Island / Edgewater ramp.

Specifics? Any one on here?

Last edited by frickstyle; 07-06-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.