Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids >

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Notices

Lake erie winter blues / pics and vids

Old 09-29-2020, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Ah, don't go starting stuff now. I am sure that boat could smoke the old cig.
Only on a River with no ripples.😂
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

Was standing behind our friends 25’ Searay Sunday morning at Portside comparing notes w/another boat there, on a small boat (like ours) contemplating escape plan (we had cottage till Monday) when I said, “no thanks” when my buddies (who owns the 25 Searay) wife’s come out of their boat, looks at me and says, “you know, I remember when you would have laughed and said, let’s go!”
You are getting old.

She then turned and went back in their boat!
Want to know the truth, ask a woman!
She is brutal and loves to remind me I’m getting old 😎

Old 09-30-2020, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
I wish your boat was running so you could have made the trip with us, although it is doubtful you would have been able to keep up once we left the dock. It was definatly way better running towards Kelley's / Sandusky in a south easterly direction vs running head on like we did.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by jriggs
I wish your boat was running so you could have made the trip with us, although it is doubtful you would have been able to keep up once we left the dock. It was definatly way better running towards Kelley's / Sandusky in a south easterly direction vs running head on like we did.
I disagree a little. I don't like taking those waves quartering front starboard or port side, they knock the hull pretty good (when you take them hard in the side of the hull). I ran head on into them towards Catawba, then turned east to run up and down the troughs. BUT, the waves were pretty close together so it didn't matter much. I bet your boat spans those waves a lot better than mine does, and it was a smooth ride for you.

And for clarity above, I could only kick up the speed when the waves settled down around Marblehead lighthouse to 2 feet or less. We certainly ran 40-50mph out of PIB. I almost fell off plane at 30mph.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I disagree a little. I don't like taking those waves quartering front starboard or port side, they knock the hull pretty good (when you take them hard in the side of the hull). I ran head on into them towards Catawba, then turned east to run up and down the troughs. BUT, the waves were pretty close together so it didn't matter much. I bet your boat spans those waves a lot better than mine does, and it was a smooth ride for you.

And for clarity above, I could only kick up the speed when the waves settled down around Marblehead lighthouse to 2 feet or less. We certainly ran 40-50mph out of PIB. I almost fell off plane at 30mph.
Gotcha, and conditions change by the minute. Like I said, I ran 20-30 mph out in the ruff stuff, main reason for that speed was we were staying dry, at 40 mph I was catching spray in my face and couldn't drink my coffee...I agree taking a wave on the side has made my boats pound in the past, but this one did not when I was experimenting with it last Sunday. When we left PIB we ran 70 mph and kept that speed right till we turned hard to starboard to head south and then slowed considerably. The boat did stay on plane nicely right down to 20 mph or so. I would have loved to air it out and run it hard, but at the end of the day I don't want to break anything like Dale did.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Like where you keep your boat....oops I guess you would call that a canal.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:02 PM
Registered

Anyone know where you can buy the Mercury Racing gear lube for cheap? Asking for a friend lol

Old 09-30-2020, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

I just bought a 5 gal pail, I'll check pricing.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

The people I talked to and helped leave Port Side, that we’re headed for Sandusky all headed straight towards Marblehead to get in the “Lee” of the mainland then turned west to run in calmer water and a beam sea.

Most of these were heavy, slow cruisers.
Looked to be 30’ min for a decent crossing.

Wind was blowing straight into the harbor, hard enough, people were moving/adding lines when I pulled up in the golf cart at 7:30 AM Sun.

I just checked my earlier post and it wasn’t clear even after I edited it!
Sorry

Wind was coming out of SE then shifted to out of SW.
So near mainland shoreline (Marblehead etc) was calm (er), south side of Kelley’s was getting hammered!
North side (near) of Kelley’s was calm.
Even between Kelley’s and South Bass was better.
Both confirmed from golf cart.

My friend said many were up all night tending lines.

There was a 30’s - 40’ aft cabin, hard top, flybridge (read TALLLLL!) Searay that had to have dumped everything on the floor while rocking at dock!
No way they got any sleep on it or replacing lines.

We helped one mid 30ish Searay get away from dock and it took two of us on dock, holding it off his neighbor while getting away.
That was THE challenge for them.
Saw lots of throttle being used to rotate them.

And Dale, built the deck from hell and pool for the Mrs for the last 3 months.
Now back on boat.

It won’t be done or pretty but I hope to get it wet before the water gets hard.
At least want to prove (or disprove) my science project 🤓

Will make it pretty/function for next season.

Is your drive toast?

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 09-30-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Is your drive toast?[/QUOTE]
It's getting new again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.