Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into! >

Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

Notices

Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89gti
Just returned from checking on my boat...all is good with mine. They broke into an enclosed trailer directly next mine, probably looking for tools. Rumor has it the bank is looking for the 353, so some are speculating it was an inside job, just not inside to the Warehouse. The place will be on lockdown now. A security system with motion detectors is being installed at this moment (I seen them working.) Apparently there is an ongoing investigation.
Subscribed........ I feel sorry for any of the true victims in this case that sucks time will tell....
Old 01-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stored my Mako there a couple years ago.........went to pick it up in the Spring and they couldn't find. After walking thru the Warehouse I located the boat, Owner said its buried! come back in a hour. Came back in one hour and it was moved deeper into the warehouse. Finally they get it out I hook up (never asked who I was or any documentation) and the Lincoln Park Police showed up, they Damaged another boat when taking it out and that boat owner called the Police.
I go home, clean boat and Launch it......there is NO FUEL in the boat, wondering why the gas cap was loose? I ALWAYS store my boats with 3/4 to a Full tank of fuel. Wolverine storage siphoned the gas out of my Boat!
I NEVER USED THIS STORAGE FACILITY AGAIN!!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

Well I am still in the process of getting the insurnace work done. Hatch is almost done and then going to Dynamic Speed and Marine. Anybody else got any new news or information about what happend here or anything on that guys boat w engines stolen?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I need to finde a good indoor storage place too...
Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----There are several places around Marine City that will be available next fall. Im pretty sure they are all safe. I know mine always have been. They are all smaller (will take big boats but not many).......Bill S
Old 04-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Well I just picked up my boat from there to go take it in for repairs. I remember when I went there to asses the damage he said he would either pay deductible or give me a free year. I brought him paperwork showing I paid my $1000 deductible, and he states he will just give me a free 6 months winter storage for next year. I did see their new camera system installed and working. They are also raising their prices for the 2nd time in 2 years..... 2 years ago it was $75 a month for under 30 ft, this year was $80, and next year is going to be $85.

Just wanted to fill all of you in. I wish they would have taken care of me better.....
Old 04-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't store a boat there if they paid me $85 a month. Too many shady characters hanging around there on any given Saturday. Your better off wrapping your boat in clear plastic and hanging signs pointing to all of the expensive stuff and storing it a lot on Fort Street.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Well my boat is still in the shop for repairs from this incident. Dynamic Speed and Marine has had my boat since 4/18 and they say its still going to be another week and a half Still waiting on hatch to be repaired from another shop as well. This sucks