Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into! >

Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

Notices

Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

This is my 2nd year keeping my boat stored at Wolverine Warehouse in Lincoln Park MI, and I was just called and told that someone stold the carburator off my boat (Demon 850) They also stole one off another boat, and the main target was a Formula were 2 of the engines were stolen!!!!

I have full coverage on the boat.... Who's reponsability for the repair???

Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read the paperwork you signed. Most likely it states they are not responsible for anything stolen. Whats your deductible? It may not be worth it for you to file a claim.
I cant believe 2 engines were stolen off that Formula! That's just ridiculous....
Old 12-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

How in the hell do you take the carbs off 2 different boats and pull 2 motors out of another boat without anybody noticing?? indoors? outdoors? cameras? security??
Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

This world is fuked up. My storage place validates my insurance quarterly and requests that the insurance carrier has an addendum that the "storage" place has no responsibility.

That being said, we have razor wire and 3 MEAN dogs at night so theft isnt a concern, however I watched the forklift drop a 26 ft center console.... that creates some concern! LOL
Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Unfortunately all that only takes about 3 hours. Pretty easily done at any warehouse storage center without security
Old 12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That Blows!! Sorry to hear of your loss, I had that happen at my shop & the cops couldn't care less. They even tried to tell me I would be liable if someone got hurt while burglarizing my property. Randy
Old 12-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
How in the hell do you take the carbs off 2 different boats and pull 2 motors out of another boat without anybody noticing?? indoors? outdoors? cameras? security??
Yes they are inside. No cameras there, but they said they are going to install them now

I did find paperwork saying they are not liable.... I have a $1000 deductable and also they do not make the model carb anymore

I am going to look at boat Saturday
Old 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered

I just got back home from taking a look at the boat.

Besides the carb, they also stole the MSD distributor, the carb spacer, and the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and lines. Also the backing board for the engine hatch is now broke.

My deductible is 1k..... The place said they will either help with that or give me a deal on keeping boat there next year.

The perpetrator was hopping from boat to boat and left footprints with their size 12-13 LUGZ boots
Old 12-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Man that sucks big time. Keep an eye on Craigslist and Ebay. Maybe you can get lucky and catch the bastard trying to sell your stuff. Nick
Old 12-13-2013, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
Man that sucks big time. Keep an eye on Craigslist and Ebay. Maybe you can get lucky and catch the bastard trying to sell your stuff. Nick
Agree watch Craig's list , seems the thief knew exactly what to take and how to take it. Sorry your boat got *****ed up. I hate thieves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.