At the end of the day brand doesn`t matter as much as length
Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

take a look at the 24/7s panteras etc.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So a 24 Bayliner will work? I get your piont.Just fell like I had to back the family.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

True 2-3 footers with rogue 4's (which is what I see on lk Michigan more than 1/2 the time I have tried to run it) beat the **** out of me and my 272 Baja when on plane, for exclusively running the great lakes I would buy something as BIG as possible and it wouldnt be a 22 ft anything now matter how cool it looks, Smitty
Old 07-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
True 2-3 footers with rogue 4's (which is what I see on lk Michigan more than 1/2 the time I have tried to run it) beat the **** out of me and my 272 Baja when on plane, for exclusively running the great lakes I would buy something as BIG as possible and it wouldnt be a 22 ft anything now matter how cool it looks, Smitty
Smitty, we run that kind of water all the time in our 22 Donzis. The 22 Classic is a true 22' 6" boat with no beak, bustle or swim platform. It's a small boat for the Great Lakes for sure but it doesn't beat the crap out of you. You need to be careful what you head out into. I'll say it again, honest 2-3s are an absolute blast in these boats. Drop the tabs a bit and put the drive near straight and it skips across the top of the waves. The faster you go the better the ride. Just concentrate and watch out for that giant cruiser wake that sometimes comes from nowhere. They have the same deadrise as the larger performance boats. 4s are no fun but can be run. Anything bigger and there is a real risk of stuffing, especially in the mixed up waters of west Lake Erie. The OP wants a smaller boat that can be easily trailered and that is affordable to run. The Donzi Classics will surprise you as to what they can do. Just don't get in over your head. I had to get home that day from PIB in 6-8s so I vested up and got my waterproof ditch box ready and I idled through that water for 3 hours before it smoothed out to 3-4s and I was able to plane out. I was never happier to see the entrance to the Detroit River! The big go-fasts don't even go out in mixed up 6-8s on Lake Erie. The waves make no sense and there are giant holes! Eeek!
Old 07-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Superman... First of all lots of good recommendations by our board members, for these waters your looking at some pretty small boats but looking at your history of sport and drag cars I gotta think you must like it Fast, loud, and oh yea Ruff !!!!! With that said, I'm thinking the Donzi 22 Classic might be the crossover your looking for, I know I've become a total wild man in mine ..... Running in interesting water however is totally different than hi perf cars ......
Good Luck !!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Superman... First of all lots of good recommendations by our board members, for these waters your looking at some pretty small boats but looking at your history of sport and drag cars I gotta think you must like it Fast, loud, and oh yea Ruff !!!!! With that said, I'm thinking the Donzi 22 Classic might be the crossover your looking for, I know I've become a total wild man in mine ..... Running in interesting water however is totally different than hi perf cars ......
Good Luck !!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

this is a friends boat. give it some consideration. He is looking to upgrade and wants to run over 100mph. Looking for a quick sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Baja-27...p2056016.l4276 I have contact info if you want to talk to him
Old 07-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill give you my thoughts since we are kind of in the same boat... I live 40 minutes from LM and boat it almost every weekend in the summer with my Formula 233 for the last 3 years. I prefer LM over inland lakes. I would say there are less than 5 times a year that I try to go out and can't because of wave height. When there is, usually you can go one of the other days on the weekend and be ok.

If I see forcast for 4' or greater, I'm staying in. 3-4s and I make sure my passengers are ok with it, because we are going to be going slower and it will be rough. Other than that, most days it is a nice ride. I have been impressed with the Formula in the rough, however I haven't been on the other boats on your list. GL with your search, you'll be fine in a 24' boat most days.

I would be interested to find out how many days in the summer waves are >4'.

Dean
Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

New listing on this Baja 290.....looks nice in the one pic?? Asking $19,500

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/30137

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.