Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   PIB Labor Day Weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/316637-pib-labor-day-weekend.html)

low_psi 08-11-2014 09:49 AM

PIB Labor Day Weekend

A question for all of you PIB regulars.... We were thinking of heading to PIB for an overnighter Labor Day Weekend. Ideally we would like to arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday morning. Alternatively we might be able to arrange a Friday morning arrival if necessary. Probably would have 2-3 boats that we would love to keep together, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

So my question is, how busy has Labor Day weekend been in the past? What are the chances of getting a dock on Saturday morning?

stevewy 08-11-2014 01:35 PM

I went Labor Day weekend 2012. Last minute decision. We arrived around midnight Friday, rafted off. I was the second boat from the wall --- all wall space had already been taken. By noon Saturday, the marina was full 4 wide.

I went this weekend. It was jammed. The new docks are great.

RT930turbo 08-11-2014 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by low_psi (Post 4169136)
A question for all of you PIB regulars.... We were thinking of heading to PIB for an overnighter Labor Day Weekend. Ideally we would like to arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday morning. Alternatively we might be able to arrange a Friday morning arrival if necessary. Probably would have 2-3 boats that we would love to keep together, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

So my question is, how busy has Labor Day weekend been in the past? What are the chances of getting a dock on Saturday morning?

It has been crazy busy this year. Docks were full this past weekend by 4 pm Friday. I didn't even get a spot...

I would plan on Friday AM if you want a good change of getting a spot.

phragle 08-11-2014 02:37 PM

laborday weekend is the big weekend at kellys....

J-Bonz 08-11-2014 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 4169359)

You going over to Kelleys that weekend! We should be over there one of the days...

phragle 08-11-2014 04:15 PM

I work sat and monday :(

Full Force 08-11-2014 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 4169427)
I work sat and monday :(

Perfect! Golf cart poker run is Sunday!!!!!

JR, XXL make some good ones!! lol

s022mag 08-12-2014 02:24 PM

Since the docks were all F'd on Memorial Day weekend you can count on Labor Day being packed. Definitely no later the Friday AM arrival for a spot. We are probably going to go Thursday early Fridays are tough for us to get off.

s022mag 08-22-2014 11:56 AM

So who all is going. We are shooting for Thursday evening.

ItsPeanut 08-22-2014 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 4169359)

Go to Kellys. The 6th annual is happening. Contact and find Jbonz.