Grand Haven, MI marinas - 33' in/out service >

Grand Haven, MI marinas - 33' in/out service

Notices

Grand Haven, MI marinas - 33' in/out service

Old 05-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Haven, MI marinas - 33' in/out service

A decade or so ago I had in/out at Grand Valley Marina with a 24' boat. Worked famously. This week I've been exchanging emails with Grand Isle marina regarding in/out for a 33' boat for this year. I was moderately surprised to hear they have "limited space for boats that big" and would need to get back to me.

I've spent a fair amount of time boating Grand Haven / Spring Lake and 33' sure doesn't seem that big for the area. I would have guessed I'd get an immediate "yes, we have space" from any marina. Does everyone with 33'+ boats trailer them every weekend? Or do they keep them in the water?

I'm sure I'll find a home for my future (with any luck) boat between the 4 marinas in Grand Haven. I was just wondering what others thought or have experienced with regards to larger boats.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts

Most hi performance boats are at the wharf in grand haven. Not sure if they have any racks left or not, it's a little late. Keenan I'm sure doesn't have any space as all bigger boats have to sit on the floor. Barrett's would probably be the next place if the wharf is full.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Registered

I guess these low gas prices really are working! I don't recall any marinas being full to capacity 10 years ago +/-. Or perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

I suppose the upshot of everyone being sold-out would be the money I would save this year. The downside would be the wear and tear on my truck...
Old 05-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by stee6043
I guess these low gas prices really are working! I don't recall any marinas being full to capacity 10 years ago +/-. Or perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

I suppose the upshot of everyone being sold-out would be the money I would save this year. The downside would be the wear and tear on my truck...
Gas was $5 a gallon last year on the water and everywhere was still pretty full.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Give the Wharf / Grand Haven Yacht Club a call.

They may have room depending on the type of boat.

Good luck

s

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Registered

Sounds like they do have room at Grand Isle. This was my first choice. Now I just need to make a deal on a boat....soon.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

My mom & dad used to have a slip at Grand Isle. We liked it, but it took a while to get to the lake from there.

The Wharf is a lot shorter ride to the lake.

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:31 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

When I was looking back in January, I was on a waiting list at The Wharf and Barretts. It's going to be a great year!
Old 05-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Registered

I got the same story from there with my formula 311 so i just went up the road a bit to Mart Dock and keep it there. They have a really deep launch and never no traffiic waiting to get in the water. If you are not the crusier type Grand Haven tries to steer you away from there. Beside the cops there suck and everytime i go down there im boarded. The coastie on muskegon lake have never stopped me and just give me the thumbs up.