1000 islands winter blues >

1000 islands winter blues

Notices

1000 islands winter blues

Old 11-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
I boat in 1000 islands all the time, Canadian and us waters. Mostly go between the two party beaches: Grenadier island, which is north east of abay and leek island which is on the other side of potter's. I went to potter's once but the vibe sucked and ppl were dicks there! Maybe it's better other times. I routinely run from Kingston down to bRockville taking either Canadian or American channel. I prefer the Canadian since there are no slow zones. It's about an hour at a nice 50 mph cruise. I will post pics shortly. I'm leaving my boat in Rockport next year, party there every weekend and we always go to abay too. Cheap gas and booze. I run with a lot of other guys, mostly bajas but it's the ppl that are fun. Can't wait for next year!

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...psc3in7mpd.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82ktwlnq.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...psgfxtwdc7.jpg

We haven't been to Kingston yet but really want to. I'm sure I can get us there just not sure where to go with the boat once we are there. As for the two beaches you talk about, I'd like to find where they are too! Potters is so-so, more family oriented really. Picton isn't too bad but can be a pain getting in and out because it's so narrow. We just found boaters beach behind Wellesley this August and finally took a ride to Brockville as well. We plan on being up there every weekend from July on next year as we have a camp between Abay and Singer Castle on the American side. We don't know many people up there as of yet, most are still boating at home....
Old 11-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Grenadier island is 5 mins from your camp. Lots of Americans come there too. Leaving abay, where the Canadian channel meets the American, go north and you are thère. Nice Sandy beach and good party - not family oriented bit I bring kids sometimes. We routinely have 50 or more boats in the bay and have 16 boat raft ups. I'll be there every weekend too!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 75 Posts

great to see some new people!

i havent been to grenidier in ages. used to go their as a family all the time. that is awesome youre keeping your boat in rock port! which marina? we are long time family friends with the family who owns ed huck marina. and are not more than 2 miles from hucks!!

i know some performance boaters who go to boaters beach but the most ive seen there is maybe 5 or 6 boats and thats not much fun of a party for us young people! lake of the isles is normally a great time but thats about a 3 minute ride from my cottage so thats pretty lame LOL. i plan to put some hours on the boat this summer!

anyone go up to croil island sand bar? saw that they have a pretty *****in party there! its about an hour or so ride from the bay moving along pretty good at 60 or 70
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Grenadier is much nicer then lake of the isles because you can actually get out of the boat! Lol
I'll be parked at cagiers resort, it's just in the same bay as hucks. Not really a marina but a good party place too. Never been to those places you mention but am curious to try them out. Leek is pretty awesome too, in front of the big forty. I've always wanted to check out big sand on the west side of wolf island but you need a calm day to go there.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grenadier island is 5 mins from your camp. Lots of Americans come there too. Leaving abay, where the Canadian channel meets the American, go north and you are thère. Nice Sandy beach and good party - not family oriented bit I bring kids sometimes. We routinely have 50 or more boats in the bay and have 16 boat raft ups. I'll be there every weekend too!

Awesome! Pretty sure I know exactly where you're talking about. I actually think it's directly across the river from us. We are basically right next to goose bay, Morgan island is right in front of our camp/marina. We'll have to hook up over there for some drinks!

Phil, awesome meeting you and Eric yesterday, and that's one bad ass Hustler you have! I won't be able to keep up on the top end but I'll run with you anytime you want!! Thanks for having me over, next time I'll bring some beers!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Grenadier is much nicer then lake of the isles because you can actually get out of the boat! Lol
I'll be parked at cagiers resort, it's just in the same bay as hucks. Not really a marina but a good party place too. Never been to those places you mention but am curious to try them out. Leek is pretty awesome too, in front of the big forty. I've always wanted to check out big sand on the west side of wolf island but you need a calm day to go there.
i know caigers ohhhh to well unfortunately the young hot bar tender moved on and is not there anymore. and the new bar tender who works there cant do much more than open a beer... i asked for a captain and coke and she gave me a chocolate shot... then asked for a wiskey sour for the GF and she asked "how do you make that" and i told her and i ended up getting some sour greenish looking drink... that will be $26 please!!! LOL a few years ago we used to tear that place up!!!!!

jay it was great to have ya swing by the shop! im sure well do a bunch of running around next summer!!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Kingston vs. ABay events discussion may be a moot point as the ABay event may be getting moved to Clayton. A PRA event in July is being planned in Clayton that has the potential to be really great. I can't see PRA putting on three events on the river and I know that there was very little support given to PRA by town officials in Alexandria Bay.

Kingston event is really hard to beat due to the dockage, the hotel choices, and the involvement of city officials in making it a big event. Lots of spectator boats along the route of the run and big spectator turnouts at Brockville for lunch stop (which has a blues/ribfest going on too).

The routes for both runs are similar, sharing much of the same water and the water is always perfect to run on.

There are plans for some type of shootout at the Clayton event, which will be based out of the new hotel there. If it all comes together it will be epic ! Just need to wait for the official word from PRA on what is planned.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Kingston vs. ABay events discussion may be a moot point as the ABay event may be getting moved to Clayton. A PRA event in July is being planned in Clayton that has the potential to be really great. I can't see PRA putting on three events on the river and I know that there was very little support given to PRA by town officials in Alexandria Bay.

Kingston event is really hard to beat due to the dockage, the hotel choices, and the involvement of city officials in making it a big event. Lots of spectator boats along the route of the run and big spectator turnouts at Brockville for lunch stop (which has a blues/ribfest going on too).

The routes for both runs are similar, sharing much of the same water and the water is always perfect to run on.

There are plans for some type of shootout at the Clayton event, which will be based out of the new hotel there. If it all comes together it will be epic ! Just need to wait for the official word from PRA on what is planned.
THAT WILL BE AWESOME!!!

i heard that clayton officials shut down the ELITE PR event that was going to happen out of clayton. maybe they can make a PR entry on the river affordable. paying 5-800 just to give me a shirt and a sticker to "allow" me to run my boat on the river is just hard to justify... but a shoot out event would be awesome!! certainly a draw for the area. i am curious how the water patrols will feel about that though.. either way thats exciting news that there are discussions about it!!
Old 12-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Registered

anyone been to french fest in the cape? was talking with 82 predictor today and thinking it would be cool to have a french fest get together "fun run" and do some running around and end up at french fest! never been by boat and seems the docks are normally pretty well filled up all weekend... anyone got some ideas? would be something fun!! support the local festival, give us a reason to draw some crowds to the docks... get some drinks and some grub at some local places too!
Old 12-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Registered

Where is this? We still talking 1000 islands?
As for cagiers, management has changed and so have the bartenders chefs and menus. Was a fun place this past summer and will be even better in 2016.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.