Notices

Early Bird April 9th

Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

You guys have balls, maybe more so than brains, but big brass balls none the less.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
You guys have balls, maybe more so than brains, but big brass balls none the less.
Yes you are right, we might be really stupid. Had a blast Saturday but yesterday morning trying to untie frozen stiff ropes in a strong wind trying to smash boat against dock and two seasick wives really sucked. I was thinking I was retarded.LOL

But today.....all is good and the island was fun.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
trying to untie frozen stiff ropes in a strong wind trying to smash boat against dock and two seasick wives really sucked. I was thinking I was retarded.LOL
Go big or stay home

One of my favorite stories from up there was w/an old girlfriend on my first 24' Sonic while headed for Pelee from Vermilion when I had a house there.
She was so cold she dug an extra pair of socks out of her bag and wore them for mittens

Boat was twin O/B and popped one motor on way over just after driving into zero visibility fog. Was following previous track on GPS but being off plane on one motor put us deep enough into shallow water to bang a prop and gear case!
Stopped 1/2 way there to make an executive decision on whether to continue or not and decided with it being first trip of season we needed to continue on to celebrate new season.
We got there to find their ferry service (their live line) broke down which closed everything on the island! We were ONLY boat in harbor and only idiots on the island.
As I remember, it never got over 40* either.

But..., what a story

I remember telling some of our Great Lakes stories to my Cracker Ass buddies while living in Fla and they all just shook their heads.

Wouldn't change a thing!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

When was you living in Vermillion?

Probably sometime around 2001, cant remember much anymore, we were headed to Cleveland in my first Pantera and a twin engine outboard Sonic crossed infront of us heading in the direction of Kelleys. If i remember right boat was white with like yellow stripes?????? Maybe. It just stuck out as a boat you dont see very often.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
When was you living in Vermillion?

Probably sometime around 2001, cant remember much anymore, we were headed to Cleveland in my first Pantera and a twin engine outboard Sonic crossed infront of us heading in the direction of Kelleys. If i remember right boat was white with like yellow stripes?????? Maybe. It just stuck out as a boat you dont see very often.
That would have been me.

Owned a house there for a yr, around that time.
Kept the boat in a barn in the back yard and launched from the Vermilion River.
Attached Thumbnails Early Bird April 9th-speed.jpg