Pelee Island Music Festival >

Pelee Island Music Festival

Notices

Pelee Island Music Festival

Old 04-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts
Default Pelee Island Music Festival

Some Erie friends have asked so I figured I'd post it all here.

This will be the third yr for it and although I haven't made it yet, it is supposed to be a blast and is on our list for this year.
July 30 -31st.

Basically a baby, Canadian Woodstock.
Two days of non stop music/bands at the camp grounds on the east side of the island.

http://theislandunplugged.org/

Those that know me, know this is my favorite place on earth.
Theres nothing there compared to Kelleys or PIB so you have to like the natural beauty and take/make your own fun.
You have to be fairly industrious too as almost everything is too far to walk from Scudder Marina (http://www.waterwayguide.com/marina/scudders-marina) on the north end (only marina) and there is no golf cart rentals.
Limited taxi svc too. Best is bicycle rentals (or take your own like we do) although most of the roads are dirt/gravel so it ain't for every one.

The Scudder Beach bar is at the foot of the docks and huge fun.
http://scudderbeach.com/

For anyone comfortable spending the night ('s) on the hook, it don't get much better.
North end is sand bottom, both sides of Scudder.

South end rewards you with Fish Point which is a mile+ long sand peninsula that looks like a winding snake from air. Bottom drops off quick both sides meaning you can get your boat right to the beach.
Based on location, 99% of the time, it is calm one side or other. I've seen 5' breakers one side and dead calm, 30' away on opposite side.

To be legal, us Yanks need an I-68 form (which is bull ****!) which you get from the multi million dollar tax funded border patrol office on 53 just off of RT 2 heading to Catawba. They evidently spent all our money on the building as you need an appointment for them to meet you there. It's quick, easy and near painless (other than that) and I think $17. per.
IFFFFFFF your boat is 32' or over then you get to mail away for a tiny sticker to affix to your craft also so they know it's not full of Muslims when you come back.

Oh yeah, Customs on their side is a simple phone call when you get to port.
Our side you have to call an 800# and claim the Canadian Muslims your smuggling in.

Sucks but IMO, well worth it.
If I remember later, Ill post a picture I took of an 8 x 10 cartoon in Westview Tavern that's their newspapers sense of humor to this crap. It's good.

Here's fish point. Remember, this is over a mile long and bon fires are allowed.
W/ZERO ambient light out there at night you'll get tired of counting shooting stars!
Attached Thumbnails Pelee Island Music Festival-fish-point.jpg  

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 04-11-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been to Pelee Music Fest once..Cant remember it though???? I68 not needed but must go to port of entry. Ceder Point or Put-n-Bay video phone, which rarely work but they'll still let you pass. You will also most likely be stopped by boarder patrol near Middle Island.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by oh6662b
Been to Pelee Music Fest once..Cant remember it though???? I68 not needed but must go to port of entry. Ceder Point or Put-n-Bay video phone, which rarely work but they'll still let you pass. You will also most likely be stopped by boarder patrol near Middle Island.
Very true. Forgot the video phone fiasco.
We are over frequent so did the I-68.
Never been stopped, either direction.
The whole deal is an abortion on the U.S. side.