1000 islands winter blues >

1000 islands winter blues

Notices

1000 islands winter blues

Old 11-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts
Default 1000 islands winter blues

would like to get a thread going with any and all who fancy the 1000 islands region. maybe challenge the lake erie thread

hoping to get a crew of guys to go and boat together next summer!

post any pics of the area you have! where you stay and deff pics of the boat!

ill start it off. our cottage is on a small island on the canadian side in the lost channel. right across from dixon castle. were up there every weekend. and will be running the new 388 next summer as well!

went out for a little rip yesterday and had the river to ourselves minus a few boaters and surprising state trooper patrols!

cheers!
Old 11-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Registered

Cmon 1000 islands folks post up!
Old 11-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are at Kring Point, next to the state park/Goose Bay. The boat has been in storage for a few weeks already but can't wait to get back up there next summer! Our plan is to go up a few times between May/June and stay on Onieda til end of June, then it's every weekend til the end of the season up north. No place better to be a boater in my opinion, absolutely amazing up there!! Pic of Brockville and the day we picked up the boat.
Attached Thumbnails 1000 islands winter blues-image.jpg   1000 islands winter blues-image.jpg  
Old 11-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Registered

never boated up near brockville or kring point! love to run with you guys next summer!!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Kring point is only about 5 miles north of A-Bay, we've never been past Singer Castle and decided to go for a ride one afternoon to see how far Brockville was, and to our surprise it was only about a 15-20 min ride past Singer. Nice ride up there and fairly scenic, next year we'd like to head over to Kingston. I've heard great things about it over there but don't really know where to go once we get there with the boat. We only have a couple friends that are up there as of now so we would love to meet new people! For some reason everyone is stuck on the swamp at home.....
Old 11-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Registered

im not sure why everyone loves onieda so much!! i hate that lake LOL

we boat around the islands alot! potters is a fun time often with a bunch of performance boaters. theres a few more people from cape and clayton area who are up every weekend that i hang around with! going to kingston isnt a bad run at speed. nice area to cruise for lunch and shopping and night life!!! actually, kingston is a GREAT place for night life!!! hahaha
Old 11-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Registered

I only care for Oneida until mid June, then I'd rather be on the river. Where bouts is the lost channel? We make the loop down the Canadian channel by boaters beach, all the way down to check out Potters and the wind, then to Picton, and back up the American side almost every weekend we are up there. We like to use the boat, not just hang out on it. Sounds like you stay more south towards Clayton? I'd like to take a trip down the Cape Vincent and into the lake as well sometime. Maybe we can make a run over to Kingston next summer? By the way, your thread on the 35 you got seems to have gotten a bit out of hand for a minute.... Any progress on it? Where is your shop if you don't mind me asking, and what else do you do there? Just paint/fiberglass/gelcoat? I'm Jay by the way.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Registered

the lost channel is the slew of islands on the left right before going under the canadian bridge. yes i have never gone any farther north than singer. i tend to stay more south because i dont know the water north. id love to go though! i dont have the 35 anymore. lost a ton of money on that boat and sold it. i have the 388 hustler in the pics i posted in the OP. my shop is in baldwinsville area. but am breaking ground on a shop in auburn building this winter. i was trying to do an everything shop but realized im the farthest thing away from a mechanic, so yes i stick to paint/gel. cosmetic and structural glass, and custom paint! if youre ever in the area get ahold of me! i have some cool projects in for the winter!! im phil hess. add me on Facebook!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Registered

Oh I know where you're talking about now. We are only about 5 mins from there. If you head towards Singer, where the Canadian channel and American channel come together basically hang a right til you hit land. As for the 35, I was referring to the fountain that's all busted up in the front. I'll have to stop by sometime and check out the place, always good to know a painter and glass guy! I'm a finish carpenter, so if you ever need anything in that department let me know!

Jay
Old 11-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its going to be a long winter guys! We are out of Cape Vincent and try to get up every weekend we can, although this year we went all over! We spend a lot of time at potters, its the kids favorite hang out. Looking to do so more long rides this year especially if gas stays cheap! We ran from the Cape to Oswego for harborfest which was a blast. Made it up to Ogdensburg this year during Abay run which was cool to see, never been that far up the river. We would like to go some different places next year. That is what is so great about the River, you can go anywhere!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7c&oe=56BA04C3

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...86&oe=56F8EAC8

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9d&oe=56BD5DDC

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4d&oe=56C27010

Last edited by 82predictor; 11-11-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.