Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Lake Huron Winter Blues Pic/Vids >

Lake Huron Winter Blues Pic/Vids

Notices

Lake Huron Winter Blues Pic/Vids

Old 04-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi gimmefuel, the island is a tough anchor and the wind always switches. I missed the dj. St Clair is in my summer plan, we watch from park, used to wacth from voyager. We'll connect for that for sure. Todd
Old 04-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Registered

Twin ob sonic, that's shanty trolling.🤔 When your lines pull to one side and the bottom starts moving it's time to go. And cross the water gap on a snowmobile with shanty attached. It happens weekly on sag bay. And perch is only $12/lb at the commercial guy. Insane.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Agreed.

Perch and Walleye by us.

I prefer having it served to me😎

BTW, Anchor and Wheel Inn, Pelee Island, Canadian side of Lake Erie has THEEEEE best Walkeye (Pickerel to the Canucks) in the world!
He buys it off the fish boats that morning.

Dont know whether to eat it or dump it on the floor and roll in it.

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Twin ob sonic, that's shanty trolling.🤔 When your lines pull to one side and the bottom starts moving it's time to go. And cross the water gap on a snowmobile with shanty attached. It happens weekly on sag bay. And perch is only $12/lb at the commercial guy. Insane.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Registered

Hi Resurrected, sauble beach must get some big nw wind and snow! Ive done a car trip around lake huron from port huron to Sault ste. Marie which included goderich Collingwood, Owen sound, wairton, tobemory then across to manataulin then to the soo. Awsome caves, waterfalls, glacial features and put my finger on the waterline of the glacial lake that was 200' higher than present day. I have a pic of my wife under the dorcas bay sign😁. Very cool trip with history you can see. Todd
Old 04-09-2019, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Prior to moving to Traverse city we spent a bunch of summers boating out of Harrisville and later the rack storage facility on the river in Cheboygan. Huron is another Great Lakes jewel and it will bite you if you're not respecting it. We were in Port Sanilac harbor years ago and a northern wind roared for three days. The waves washed over the north sea wall and into the harbor. We roller coaster rode the massive swells returning home once the wind subsided. ed
Old 04-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Registered

I concentrate my fishing at restaurants too!😁
Old 04-09-2019, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Doesn't your ass get cold sitting in a plastic kayak in icewater???? much less the chilling effect or the errant drip or splash....

There's a seat between the hull and ass. Ice gone, east bay Traverse City. ed
Old 04-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Boating up y'all's way is definitely on my short list. I've seen some outstanding pics of Lake Michigan and surrounding areas..........just beautiful.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
Boating up y'all's way is definitely on my short list. I've seen some outstanding pics of Lake Michigan and surrounding areas..........just beautiful.
You need to do Boyne thunder...beautiful water, wonderful hospitality, incredible scenery, its summertime in northern Michigan....
Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
You need to do Boyne thunder...beautiful water, wonderful hospitality, incredible scenery, its summertime in northern Michigan....
Rob, the pics of Boyne Thunder were what piqued my interest.
It was one of Pete’s photos of one of the card stops (I think it was stop 4 or 5)
I love our long boating season but I’m envious of the scenery and pristine water up there.
Absolutely beautiful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.