Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   Grand Haven Launch Options (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/365694-grand-haven-launch-options.html)

bigredbaja 04-06-2020 01:30 PM

Grand Haven Launch Options

I drove out to Grand Haven last week and I see why Harbor Island is closed for the season the high water is worse than last year. We rack store at The Wharf in Grand Haven, Is there anyplace else to launch other than MART Dock in Muskegon that is closer to Grand Haven? Our boat is a 32' Sunsation.

Drock78 04-06-2020 05:11 PM

Harbor town by dockers or port sheldon. No where else really.

1960brookwood 04-06-2020 05:44 PM

I'm about a mile from Port Sheldon and at least 2 docks were in today. PM me and I would be be glad to scout it out for you when you are ready to launch.

bigredbaja 04-07-2020 12:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestions I have seen the ramp at Harbor Town by Dockers that's our Friday night dinner stop...I will have to check out the ramp at Port Sheldon before I bring the boat up for the summer its still in storage in Kentucky.

ALL_IN! 04-09-2020 10:23 AM

Just keep it in Ky! :-)
Hope you guys are doing well. The Kuttawa Cannonball Run is still 'on' - we're printing the tshirts right now!

Originally Posted by bigredbaja (Post 4732577)
Thanks for the suggestions I have seen the ramp at Harbor Town by Dockers that's our Friday night dinner stop...I will have to check out the ramp at Port Sheldon before I bring the boat up for the summer its still in storage in Kentucky.

wuzzgunna 04-12-2020 08:06 PM

hey 1960 brookwood, does port sheldon have any restrictions on triple axle trailers there? cant remember myself.

1960brookwood 04-13-2020 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by wuzzgunna (Post 4733435)
hey 1960 brookwood, does port sheldon have any restrictions on triple axle trailers there? cant remember myself.

No--but things have gotten weird the last couple of days with a ban on powerboats. There are a couple of guys that launch 38 footers on a regular basis. Give me a heads up and I can let you know what is happening locally and send some pics so you know what you will be dealing with.

Briandv8 07-13-2020 03:07 PM

Harbor town by dockers in muskegon has a 30 ft limit.
having the same issue, either they limit most ramps to 30 ft or under allowed,, or a trailer restriction, no triple axle trailers.

bigredbaja 07-14-2020 08:42 AM

We rack store at the Wharf in Grand Haven and I was able to get them to lift if off the trailer with a sling then set it down on stands before moving it to the rack. The whole process was nerve racking! We will have to use Port Sheldon at the end of summer I did check it out earlier this year and its large and had no restrictions on boat or trailer size posted. For what its worth I did watch a guy load out a 36' Baja at Harbor Town two summers ago without any issue, maybe he got it done without being noticed.

Drock78 07-14-2020 10:41 AM

The 30ft and under restrictions went into effect this year.