Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   GTMM/Dragon (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/gtmm-dragon-281/)
-   -   New GTMM 27' (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/gtmm-dragon/248192-new-gtmm-27-a.html)

Catmando 06-25-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by CIG3 (Post 3426852)
A customer can request which ever set-up they would prefer. With the new smart craft systems you can go either way (full display) or (Standard Gauges) or both if you would like specific gauges you want to watch.
Fact is how many can you watch while running the boat?
The computers now shut things down way before you would have a problem.

Well if you're just cruising you can pretty much eyeball all of them. If you're running WOT the tach is about all you can afford the time to watch which is why I like gauges for the other seat. I agree computers are engine savers. Is this strictly a one engine boat or can it be rigged with small blocks?

Have you got the interior in yet Scott?

CIG3 06-26-2011 08:51 AM

A twin option is no problem. Tight but doable. Just like the original 27' Magnum. I think the balance with the single may be alittle best thatn the twin with the lighter weight of the new layup.

The rigging is coming along. Getting ready for paint. Center console is in process and rest of interior should be ready after paint. Everyone is gonna flip when they see the interior. Gio has come up with a killer idea that is luxurious and sporty. That's all I want to say without spoiling it.

I'll get some updated photos posted this week.

Catmando 06-26-2011 10:23 PM

Did you leave enough room behind the bench for an Ilmor? That's the hot pkg now.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 07-10-2011 05:42 PM

Any updates??

damdonzi 07-11-2011 10:31 AM

There is center console version coming of the 27?
How is the wide-body 39 coming along?

CIG3 07-11-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by damdonzi (Post 3449335)
There is center console version coming of the 27?
How is the wide-body 39 coming along?

A new updated design of the center console version of the 27' will be avialable in the future.

The 38' WB deck/cockpit is in currently in the design stage the hull will be 12.3' beam.

The main focus at this time is completing the first GTMM 27 and move forward with design and production of GTMM 39 #1 The GTMM 38' WB will follow.

We don't want to many eggs in the basket right now. The focus must be to produce the best quality product with stunnning design and performance. We will keep you posted on the progress of each program as information becomes available.

GTMM 27 #1 is being prepped for paint and rigging. Not much in the way of photos at this time. When paint is complete and fianl rigging beings we will post photos of the porgress.

Thanks for you interst.

Bigbroadjumper 08-11-2011 06:00 AM

any updates?

Bigbroadjumper 09-06-2011 08:45 AM

ttt

Lauderdaleboats 09-13-2011 09:11 PM

I took a look at the boat a couple of weeks ago.

On the positive: Really like the new deck design, looks sweet.

On the downside. The boat was sitting out in the pouring rain with no fuel tank fittings and water gathering on top of the fuel tank. The core in the cockpit cutouts was exposed to the elements. Saw raw plywood looking up through the new vents to the engine room. The hull sides had to be filled and faired to straighten out the wobbles. Not really what I expected for the comeback of the new 27. Curious as to whether this is the original hull mold. If so they may want to pull another boat, straighten it and build a new mold.

ssmith76 09-14-2011 09:09 AM

Update

To answer your questions.
For the record, the boat that Lauderdaleboats refers to is actually Magnum hull # 444, which was used to build the plug of the new deck. She was also used to test hull geometry, stringer layouts, CG and other factors for the new GTMM 27. She was also used to test cockpit and console layout and design for the GTMM 27.The hull and deck plug prototypes seen by Lauderdaleboats are actually slated for destruction, hence, they were left out in the rain. There is actually no wood in the new GTMM 27 and any wobbles or raw core seen on Magnum 444' do not exist in the GTMM 27 finished product.