388 Windshield? >

388 Windshield?

Notices

388 Windshield?

Old 03-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 388 Windshield?

Looking to replicate a windshield for my slingshot. It does not have one. The previous owner said that Hustler wanted over 2 Grand for one. I ran it by a local glass shop and they said they couldn't make the bends in that thick of plexi glass (or they just didn't want to screw with it). Was wondering if I could just do a flat piece similar to what's on a Cig but my body man seems to think the bends around the sides support the glass. Any thoughts?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by Brent Medley
Looking to replicate a windshield for my slingshot. It does not have one. The previous owner said that Hustler wanted over 2 Grand for one. I ran it by a local glass shop and they said they couldn't make the bends in that thick of plexi glass (or they just didn't want to screw with it). Was wondering if I could just do a flat piece similar to what's on a Cig but my body man seems to think the bends around the sides support the glass. Any thoughts?
First I would call Hustler and verify what your being told,They are very simple to make $2,000.00 I doubt it.Plexi glass can be heated to around 400 degrees and bent pretty easily.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Brent, call Hustler and see what they say. Plumbers crack, ask what Cigarette gets for their flat screen. You'll be surprised. That is around the number Joe told me, the former owner. I'll post the exact number tomorrow.

Dan
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Registered

I had to replace mine last year on my hustler. I took the windshield off and took it to every glass, plastics and plexiglass place in kansas city and no one could make it. One person said he could make it but I would have to first buy him a $1500 tool to do it. I wound up buying one from hustler. The price is just over $2000 with shipping. I think it was $2193. I am very handy but could not get this thing on either. I had to pay someone $500 to put it on properly. I think pulling an engine is easier. Also, making one that doesnt have the bends in it won't look that good. The fiberglass is recessed around the corners and it will look like something is missing. If the damage is not that bad or if it is just a crack in it, leave it alone, is my only suggestion.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Didnt realize that you said you didnt have one. The straight one might not look as bad if you have never had one on the boat.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

I also just noticed your from missouri. If you decide to get a windshield pm me and I will give you the number of the guy who did mine down the lake. He is really good and is very fair.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default 388 Windshield

We just tooled a 388 windshield for Rob's boat and will have a prototype by week's end. It'll be in the $800's.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by AcryliCo
We just tooled a 388 windshield for Rob's boat and will have a prototype by week's end. It'll be in the $800's.
I like that!!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AcryliCo

prototype ? Now its suppose to be exactly like the original, a clone ,a copy , Carlos how we coming with it?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
prototype ? Now its suppose to be exactly like the original, a clone ,a copy , Carlos how we coming with it?
Rob, I'll buy your old windshield if you get that new one. The old one doesn't look to be hurt too bad. Some of my drunk buddies can do more damage than that over a weekend.....I'm serious about your old one.

Quick Reply: 388 Windshield?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.