Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Hustler (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/hustler-38/)
-   -   New to me 388 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/hustler/328838-new-me-388-a.html)

Velocity Tom 07-23-2015 04:21 PM

New to me 388
 
What props are you running with 500 efi,s. 30 bravo? How does a hydromotive 4 blade work? Do they pick up any speed spinning the props in instead of out?

EvilTwin 07-24-2015 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 4333409)
What props are you running with 500 efi,s. 30 bravo? How does a hydromotive 4 blade work? Do they pick up any speed spinning the props in instead of out?

I don't have 500's in mine so I can't say prop size for yours, but I would guess a 30 or 32 4 blade. I prefer running a 5 blade ( I am running a 5 blade 32 with a 1.34 imco scx drive). I tried briefly turning the props in and it definitely gave more stern lift and maybe a little on top end, but the control around the docks wasn't good enough to make up for the little performance. I am currently turning them out for better dock manners. Sorry I couldn't help more.

315duramax 07-24-2015 04:58 PM

Which 388 did you buy

Velocity Tom 07-25-2015 07:50 AM

I bought the red and blue one from Nc. 2000 500 efis.

whoya 08-23-2015 01:51 PM

Velocity
How do you like the boat? I was ready to drive down and look at it on Friday but that Thursday before you put a deposit down on it. I probably would of bought it to.
Congrats. Im still looking for a slingshot.

EvilTwin 08-23-2015 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by whoya (Post 4346275)
Velocity
How do you like the boat? I was ready to drive down and look at it on Friday but that Thursday before you put a deposit down on it. I probably would of bought it to.
Congrats. Im still looking for a slingshot.

I have one that might be available.

whoya 08-23-2015 07:50 PM

Can I get some basic info start. Year, motors and price? Is it a Poker run? as im looking for a full cabin. At this point in the season for me it would have to be a decent deal. Thanks-Joe

EvilTwin 08-24-2015 08:00 AM

2000 with 500efi's with Vortec S/C's (700's), new IMCO SCX drives, full cabin (bed, bathroom, sink) which I have never used the toilet or sink. Aluminum trailer. Beautiful shape. It sits inside my garage whenever not being used. Just had a survey done 2 months ago and everything came back perfect. $90k. Let me know if you would be interested in more info.
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...ds/image_1.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...oads/image.jpg

whoya 08-24-2015 10:36 AM


Originally Posted by EvilTwin (Post 4346591)
2000 with 500efi's with Vortec S/C's (700's), new IMCO SCX drives, full cabin (bed, bathroom, sink) which I have never used the toilet or sink. Aluminum trailer. Beautiful shape. It sits inside my garage whenever not being used. Just had a survey done 2 months ago and everything came back perfect. $90k. Let me know if you would be interested in more info.
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...ds/image_1.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...oads/image.jpg

I really only wanted to spend up to 70k If you have room to move shoot me a email [email protected] and I would probably come look at it.

EvilTwin 08-24-2015 11:27 AM

Sorry, that won't be possible. Good luck in your search. You will love the Slingshot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.