joined team hustler >

joined team hustler

Notices

joined team hustler

Old 11-02-2015, 04:20 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Did I see this boat years back at Sterndrive Spec (in NY) in their 'showroom ?' years back ? If the name is not around, it's across the small marina channel to NN's old 'Boat House' bar.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Did I see this boat years back at Sterndrive Spec (in NY) in their 'showroom ?' years back ? If the name is not around, it's across the small marina channel to NN's old 'Boat House' bar.

I am not sure. It's been an upstate NY boat since new. Color craft in Syracuse did the conversion (don't get me started on what I need to redo) and the guy who built the motors is in a shop across the street from coopers Marina off 370 in baldwinsville NY. Not sure where you could have seen it but maybe! LOL
Old 11-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on purchase, a lot of performance for the money and motors should treat you very well with proper care. A lot of time and money was spent to get the power correct in that boat and it's a great looking boat for sure.

Take time getting used to how it reacts at speed, that boat is getting pushed beyond that hull's happy place so extra attention is needed. Years ago a guy took delivery of a 344 with Arnesons and immediately entered a poker run. The boat began to chine walk and ultimately hooked/spun when one prop came up out far enough to lose grip. Luckily no other boats were involved as we were running tight together, but his wife went through the dash breaking bones.

Don't worry about how fast the boat can go, just make it run stable and safe. Then the speed will come naturally.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Congrats on purchase, a lot of performance for the money and motors should treat you very well with proper care. A lot of time and money was spent to get the power correct in that boat and it's a great looking boat for sure.

Take time getting used to how it reacts at speed, that boat is getting pushed beyond that hull's happy place so extra attention is needed. Years ago a guy took delivery of a 344 with Arnesons and immediately entered a poker run. The boat began to chine walk and ultimately hooked/spun when one prop came up out far enough to lose grip. Luckily no other boats were involved as we were running tight together, but his wife went through the dash breaking bones.

Don't worry about how fast the boat can go, just make it run stable and safe. Then the speed will come naturally.
Thank you!! And I Agree fully with you! We were going to take it to key west next week but realized zero seat time and trying to run hard could be disasterous. Going to take the boat out tomorrow or Thursday for a little scoot and get some time in it before I burry it in the shop for the winter. You should bring holy cow out and come for a rip!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

some advice before you head out.... do some serious research on how to run a stepped boat, especially that hull with those drives, you are newbie and have no experience in a boat like that, I am not trying to be a dik, I am trying to save your life and others, take it easy and learn that boat for a few hours before you push it.... running a fast stepped boat and a 60 mph Cig are 2 different worlds and can kill you.... good luck, I don't wanna see anyone hurt....

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Thank you!! And I Agree fully with you! We were going to take it to key west next week but realized zero seat time and trying to run hard could be disasterous. Going to take the boat out tomorrow or Thursday for a little scoot and get some time in it before I burry it in the shop for the winter. You should bring holy cow out and come for a rip!
Old 11-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Would love to join in, but the weather is too nice........decided to get one more cutting of hay in for the year. Next couple afternoons will be spent getting that finished.

Please post some pics of the guys lucky enough to get out !!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
some advice before you head out.... do some serious research on how to run a stepped boat, especially that hull with those drives, you are newbie and have no experience in a boat like that, I am not trying to be a dik, I am trying to save your life and others, take it easy and learn that boat for a few hours before you push it.... running a fast stepped boat and a 60 mph Cig are 2 different worlds and can kill you.... good luck, I don't wanna see anyone hurt....

which is why we did not go to key west. and why im going to run 150 gallons through it tomorrow in the 1000 islands LOL sucks the leaves are all blown down up there. would have been beautiful.

kelly, the other guys going out ended up bailing so me and a buddy are taking the boat to cape vincent and running up to abay. maybe over to kingston for lunch! will post pics!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

Love it Phil! Can't wait to meet up with you at Tickfaw this coming year...just give me a few links headstart!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Registered

snapped a few pics yesterday. weather was BEAUTIFUL. YES tickfaw will be a blast!!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Man i have to get into the boat butchering biz.

I can't afford my Pabst Blue Ribbon and gas for 9.9 on my Johnboat on the same day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.