Insuring 30 Spectre????  Any ideas? >

Insuring 30 Spectre???? Any ideas?

Notices

Insuring 30 Spectre???? Any ideas?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Bo
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insuring 30 Spectre???? Any ideas?

Anyone have any idea where to get insurance on a 30 Spectre with outboards???
1996 Spectre with triple 2.5s

Looking for actual performance boat insurance... not trying to slip it into my homeowners insurance company for a false sense of security.

Markel wont touch it.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bo, how are you??? Haven't seen you on here in years. Give Bob at Worldwide Marine Underwriters. He will take care of you. First rate service. Hope all is well.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Bo
Registered

Hey Chuck, good to hear from ya. I'm looking to get back into boating but insurance seems to be an obstacle when it comes to Cats. We have a new business and are still being conservative...... my wife is really be open minded though.... she said I can have any boat I want as long as the payments are around $300 LOL
Old 02-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Bo
Registered

I talked with SY... he sent me to Markel. They wont insure any Spectre older than 2001.

Thanks anyhow.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Registered

so what is everone using for cat insurance then, I always thought that Markel was the big player on insurance, I had my Fountain through Markel, they would cover older V bottoms with a survey, but I have switched to American reliable, they are getting into the high performance market, they have been covering yachts and other boats for years
Old 02-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try Devin Wozencraft 714-263-2626 he has somebody other than Markel for cats...talked to him about my Spectre the other day
Old 02-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

I just sold my Spectre and am happy to not be dealing with insurance like this anymore. Allstate had my policy for the boat (and my house, truck, car, etc.) when I had it, and State Farm had it insured for my friend I bought it from. I believe that both have changed their practices for writing cats now though.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Bo
Registered

Out of curiosity I had contacted my homeowners/business insurance company and spontaneously they(an agent) said they could insure it with liability but not comprehensive. Then they faxed us a 5 page application. Its almost tempting to see what they'll offer even though it wouldn't be "real" coverage if needed. The weird thing about it all is that the 01 and older Spectre was the only boat on the uninsurable list... period. I mean how does that make any sense??? In the last 3 three years I have owned 2 STV's powered by 2.5s and had no problem insuring them at all!!! Is a 30 Spectre as much of a risk???
Old 02-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo
The weird thing about it all is that the 01 and older Spectre was the only boat on the uninsurable list... period. I mean how does that make any sense??? Is a 30 Spectre as much of a risk???
I called 30 or 40 insurance companies to try and find coverage for a 1996 30 spectre. They all told me the same thing...... No coverage. I don't know why.......... Good luck!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have my 99 30' Spectre I/O through Allstate. I started it 3 year ago. They supposedly had some deal going for a couple months that speed didn't matter. Atleast that is what my agent told me and I didn't argue with him.

Let us know if you find anything because I'm trying to sell mine and I think this is why it hasn't sold yet.

Quick Reply: Insuring 30 Spectre???? Any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.