Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Insurance and Finance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/insurance-finance-198/)
-   -   insurance company now won't insure me (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/insurance-finance/189343-insurance-company-now-wont-insure-me.html)

WakezoneINS 06-22-2008 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tres (Post 2597631)
You will not be a passenger and you wil have the best of times with a great learning experience. We are plan a trip in your neck of the town next month. Its a chance to jump aboard. Get certified, it last a lifetime, lowers your insurance and my save you alot of greef, money or life. Tres 352 266-1457 anytime.

You get 10% credit off your insurance (will us) if you take Tres's class!

The insurance discount is great but it's not even about the insurance discount, its about what Tres and Brad teach you. What they teach you could one day save your life or someone elses. No one ever "expects" something to happen so prepare yourself for the unexpected.

awsomethunder 06-23-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by WakezoneINS (Post 2598255)
Awesomethunder, Have you called me yet or submitted anything online to my agency? If the boat is under 85mph like you say it is AND you are older than 35 years old, we can insure you as a first time CAT owner and you will not be required to take any boating schools.

On a side note however, I have heard guys that have been boating for 20+ years, take the course with Brad and Tres, then they come back and say that they learned things they never knew. No one can know everything about something and when you have never owned/operated a CAT (even if it's only 83-85mph), it is very different than a V bottom boat. If you can make the course happen, I would do it. Is it required to obtain insurance... not necessarily. Call me to discuss if we haven't talked already.

stacey we have talked but me being 33 you said we can't do anything.

gerritm 06-23-2008 07:54 AM

I am one of those boaters with 30 years of boat driving experience that took Tres's course. I don't drive a cat, maybe in the future, but learning the difference in driving a twin step versus a single versus a strait v-hull is worth the cost of the course. All of these boats handle and behave differently. I thought I knew how to drive, and I do, but the course taught me why things happen and what to look out for to keep myself out of those bad situations. You learn how to feel the way the boat is working and when it is getting into the zone that is out of it's normal range of operation.That is the key to the course, learning what and how the boats work. The driving portion is only part of the learning. I found the classroom part to be just as interesting and informative. It is interesting to learn the dynamics of how a boat hull and drives work. The 10% discount helps on your insurance. Thanks, Stacy.

Elton Porter Insurance 06-23-2008 10:26 AM

I would like to echo the responses in this thread. Tres and Brad perform an extremely valuable service. Most of my customers that are required to take the course call me a few days later raving about how much they learned. Even for operators with many years of high performance boating experience, it's a great way to fine tune your skills.

David Barbee
Elton Porter Insurance
800-759-2628 Ext. 203

WakezoneINS 06-23-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by awsomethunder (Post 2598369)
stacey we have talked but me being 33 you said we can't do anything.

I thought we talked but just wanted to be sure. Sorry. I can write you through Markel but more than likely they will require the class.

awsomethunder 06-23-2008 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by WakezoneINS (Post 2598830)
I thought we talked but just wanted to be sure. Sorry. I can write you through Markel but more than likely they will require the class.

they want the class,thats who said yes and then no

awsomethunder 06-23-2008 12:56 PM

the bank said something about force placing insurance.anyone know what this is and how much that could be?

Chris Sunkin 06-23-2008 06:04 PM

Enough to put you and everyone you know through Tres' class.

Seriously, it'll be hideously expensive. The bank cares not one iota what it costs and the insurer knows this.

WakezoneINS 06-23-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by awsomethunder (Post 2598865)
the bank said something about force placing insurance.anyone know what this is and how much that could be?

The bank insurance is CRAZY expensive AND it is only to cover the boat. There is no liability insurance for that ridiculous price. The bank only cares about protecting their collateral.

21 Hustler 07-03-2008 12:14 PM

i have been boating for 13 yrs, driven everything from 85 mph 21 hustler, 28 skater, 36 skater(135 mph) top guns, cafe racers. I have a 25 talon and was required to take the class for insurance. I was skeptical at first, but after i took it, i am very happy i did so. I learned tons of stuff and now drive the boat differently than i used to. Putting about 125 boating hrs in a summer i have had a lot of seat time, but this course was still more than worth it...take the course you will never look back. If you dont take it, you could be in the water looking back at your boat being an unguided missle cruising into the woods, like others have...