No one wants to finance a performance boat >

No one wants to finance a performance boat

Notices

No one wants to finance a performance boat

Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TJIndy280
1998 Stiletto with Key Bank 4.9%, 10% down, no hassles, no survey (until insurance requested) back in October of 2012...took a little time but easy to deal with
Indy, when I went through Key in 2011 they stated that 12 years old was it, did they change the rule?

I agree it takes a little time with Key, but no hassles. Be prepared to submit a 4056T

Just a note for anyone using Key, you can start with online pre-approval but then move to a branch rep. The online reps are basically new hires that are not very smart to say the least
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure, but obviously they wrote a 14 year old boat. He never mentioned anything about an age limit. I started with a representative from an actual branch since they are local here. I just wanted to let people know on here that it is still possible to finance an older HP boat. My rep from the bank was even willing to help the guy I bought my boat from out with his next purchase.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TJIndy280
Not sure, but obviously they wrote a 14 year old boat. He never mentioned anything about an age limit. I started with a representative from an actual branch since they are local here. I just wanted to let people know on here that it is still possible to finance an older HP boat. My rep from the bank was even willing to help the guy I bought my boat from out with his next purchase.
That's a beautiful boat, congrats.

And I agree, if you have the option to use Key Bank they are by far the easiest for performance based boats
Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was going through the same BS, with Scott and Sea Dreams. Scott told me boat couldn't be older than 3 years. SD gave me some horrible rate. I went on USAA and within 15 secs had the approval.l
Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Registered

Kind of a Funny thread. My Mom always said if you cant pay cash for a Toy then you shouldn't have it. So that being said save your money and Buy what your Cash can Afford. If that's a 18' Bayliner so be it. Don't be a credit Criminal. Lol I know that statement will upset some people but its True.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Let It Rein
Was going through the same BS, with Scott and Sea Dreams. Scott told me boat couldn't be older than 3 years. SD gave me some horrible rate. I went on USAA and within 15 secs had the approval.l
Thanks for reminding me to join! I can now get my extra discount with Progressive.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by warlock250
Kind of a Funny thread. My Mom always said if you cant pay cash for a Toy then you shouldn't have it. So that being said save your money and Buy what your Cash can Afford. If that's a 18' Bayliner so be it. Don't be a credit Criminal. Lol I know that statement will upset some people but its True.
Yes and no... I agree to a point, but depends on a lot of variables!

FYI just approved at Key Bank, zero down, killer rate and this was on a 2002 model year. If you have good credit, financing is available.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Key Bank just financed my '96 Formula. They didn't go full sale price and honestly were a total pain in the ass to deal with, but, after exercising some patience I finally closed on the loan yesterday.

They basically went 75% @ 5.74% for 10 years. My credit rating is considered very good.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warlock250
One of your first 5 posts on OSO is this, a life lesson from your Mom? There are many reasons why someone would want to take a loan for a boat or "a toy" as you call it. It may have nothing to do with how much money someone has in the bank or cash in their pocket. This thread was about financing and the difficulties of.. I am pretty sure if the OP wanted advise from your mom, he would have PM'd you for it.

Last edited by low_psi; 06-12-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Yes and no... I agree to a point, but depends on a lot of variables!

FYI just approved at Key Bank, zero down, killer rate and this was on a 2002 model year. If you have good credit, financing is available.
Did you contact Key Bank through Internet or a local branch? I have my Velocity up for sale, but intend to use the cash out of the sale for someother things, so I hope to finance a larger part of my next boat Sounds like a call to Key Bank may be in order..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.