Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Insurance and Finance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/insurance-finance-198/)
-   -   Expanded guidelines just in time! Boat top speed under 120? READ THIS! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/insurance-finance/297503-expanded-guidelines-just-time-boat-top-speed-under-120-read.html)

WakezoneINS 09-19-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 3998265)
What is the highest liabilty available for this program ?

Marine Choice policy form can offer limits up to $500,000 (some instances $1,000,000)

DaveP 09-20-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by WakezoneINS (Post 3998877)
Marine Choice policy form can offer limits up to $500,000 (some instances $1,000,000)

Do these high liability limits apply to hi performance boats that go over 75mph?
Is a person's credit score involved as part of the pricing of these policies?

WakezoneINS 09-23-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 3999338)
Do these high liability limits apply to hi performance boats that go over 75mph?
Is a person's credit score involved as part of the pricing of these policies?

Credit, no. To access a credit score you need a social security number. We don't request that when rating so therefore it would be impossible to pull someone's actual credit score and factor it into the pricing of the policy.

As for the liability limits, it's not a simple yes/no response since there are many factors that weigh into what the highest liability limit that will be offered to a potential insured is.

First I must point out that if you obtain the Marine Choice policy through Wake Zone. The liability options we will offer will be different than what another broker can offer since we have access to an A rated carrier's excess coverage to fulfill the liability needs of any new or potential client.

If the vessel is capable of over 80mph the marine choice will max at either $100,000 or $300,000 (just depends on who, what and situation). We then stack an excess policy on top of this policy to extend the limits up to $1,000,000.

Foremost who is the carrier offering the Marine Choice product is taking a very conservative approach with high performance vessels until they can get some solid loss history/stats behind them. They aren't the carrier to go out guns blazin' and then because they offered the moon have to pull their program. I like their approach... slow and steady wins the race.

So, until they are willing to offer higher than the $300,000 on the performance vessels, we have a solution to get a client up to $1,000,000 just like the "other" high performance policies do.

If a client chooses the Foremost policy, they are actually gaining a ton of coverage over some of the competition's policies.

So, not really sure how to exactly answer your question because with Wake Zone there isn't a cap on the total liability as there would be if you went and tried to get the marine choice through another agent that is appointed with Foremost. I guess bottom line is, Wake Zone can get a client to $1,000,000 in P&I liability when the person buys the Marine Choice policy.

We have several high performance programs at Wake Zone. The Foremost Marine Choice is only one of the many. We always have believed and always will believe that no "one program" can fit everyone's needs. We offer multiple programs so that we can meet each clients needs better than those that offer only one carrier option.

For all other vessels the maximum liability offered by Marine Choice is $1,000,000.

Car Biz 10-12-2013 10:40 AM

stacy I need to get a quote should I email you?

WakezoneINS 10-14-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Car Biz (Post 4010905)
stacy I need to get a quote should I email you?

Best way is to request a quote on our website:www.wakezoneinsurance.com

Also, you can call or email.

Stacy

WakezoneINS 10-21-2013 11:15 AM

List of States Active as of 10/21/2013

AL - Effective 11/1/13
CT - Live
DE - Effective 11/1/13
IL - Live
IN - Live
KS - Effective 11.1.13
MI - Live
MS - LIve
MO - Live
NV - Live
NJ - Effective 12/1/13
NY - Live
OK - Effective 12/1/13
PA - Live
SC - Effective 12/1/13
TN - Effective 12/1/13
TX - Live
UT - Live
WI - Effective 11/15/13

Velocity Tom 11-03-2013 02:23 PM

I was shot down by your groop on fri. on a 1990 30 ft cat. under 25 years old????

WakezoneINS 11-03-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 4021171)
I was shot down by your groop on fri. on a 1990 30 ft cat. under 25 years old????

Tom,

This "expanded guidelines" program is NOT AVAILABLE IN FLORIDA YET. See a couple posts up...

You were not "shot down". I have a market for you but as I stated to you it was not going to be the most competitive out there for you, hence the referral to the other agent I gave you. I could have quoted the more expensive carrier for you but I knew you had a better option in FL on an older CAT and so I did something that was in YOUR best interest rather than attempt to sell you on something.

mmb 11-12-2013 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 4021171)

I wash turned down by all the internet guru insurance companies also for my 94 Top Gun. Give Bob Luellen a call he got insurance for my boat no problem at all. No lay ups, no trailer restrictions, no BS!

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/

WakezoneINS 11-12-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mmb (Post 4025665)
I wash turned down by all the internet guru insurance companies also for my 94 Top Gun. Give Bob Luellen a call he got insurance for my boat no problem at all. No lay ups, no trailer restrictions, no BS!

You are in FL. This program is NOT ACTIVE IN FLORIDA. Your statement is giving people the wrong impression that you're denied on a vessel that normally would be acceptable... again, you're not eligible for this program for the simple fact that the program isn't eligible in FL yet......

mmb 11-12-2013 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by WakezoneINS (Post 4025666)
You are in FL. This program is NOT ACTIVE IN FLORIDA. Your statement is giving people the wrong impression that you're denied on a vessel that normally would be acceptable... again, you're not eligible for this program for the simple fact that the program isn't eligible in FL yet......

I called you several years ago as well as the other guy that sells insurance on OSO. Just a bunch of run around BS and try this or that other company.

I feel I am giving people with older boats the right impression becuase you know you will not insure them.

Bob Luellen is the last call you will make.

WakezoneINS 11-12-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by mmb (Post 4025676)
I called you several years ago as well as the other guy that sells insurance on OSO. Just a bunch of run around BS and try this or that other company.

I feel I am giving people with older boats the right impression becuase you know you will not insure them.

I respect your opinion and your stance but if you notice you said "several years ago". Do you know how often the insurance industry changes, specifically in high performance? Several years ago the market picture was very different than it is today. This will hold true 6 months, 2 years and 5 years from today.... it is constantly changing. Something that was more difficult to place when you tried, might actually now be an easy placement. A 1994 Cigarette would fit PERFECT in the new Marine Choice program, unfortunately it won't be available to FL based vessels until 2014.... again, constant change. This is why I am constantly posting the industry changes for all to see. My goal is to keep everyone informed of the ever-evolving world of high performance insurance. That is what this thread in particular is supposed to be doing.

So, your statement that "i know I won't insure them" is so incorrect it isn't even funny, it's just flat out wrong.... I just insured a 1980's Fountain... how can I not do a 1994 Cig?!?!?1 Oh wait! I also just wrote a 1982 Cigarette 20... again, a 1994 Cigarette is EASY! I'm really not trying to be sarcastic or rude in any way. I'm just trying to make the strong point that your statement above is very incorrect and based on outdated information.

So, my point is, the age of the vessel isn't always the issue, it can be the storage state in which the boat is based and the programs available to you in that state. Your vessel in MI, as an example, is a no brainer... I can write that in 5 minutes..... older boats are definitely welcome at Wake Zone. If I don't have the best product for you, then I will always do my best to help you find the best program, even if I don't make a dime off of it. We refer out because it's the right thing to do for you.

Interceptor 11-13-2013 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by mmb (Post 4025676)

Thought the same until they dropped me a couple years ago with little notice as my policy was up for renewal. I had no claims, no auto tickets or claims and my boat is a 32' fountain with stock 454's. For some reason the insurance carrier they were dealing with changed their policy. Remember most of these outfits are brokers not insurance companies.

WakezoneINS 12-18-2013 10:56 AM

List of States Active as of 12/18/2013 - Program is based upon MAJORITY state of Mooring.

AL - Live
AR - Coming 01/01/2014
AZ - Live
CT - Live
DE - Live
GA - Coming 02/15/2014
IL - Live
IN - Live
KS - Live
KY - Coming 03/01/2014
LA - Coming 03/01/2014

MI - Live
MN - Coming 01/15/2014
MS - LIve
MO - Live
MT - Coming 03/15/2014
NV - Live
NJ - Live
NY - Live
OH - Coming 01/01/2014
OK - Live
PA - Live
SC - Live
TN - Live
TX - Live
UT - Live
WI - Live

rickdarling 01-03-2014 08:30 PM

Hi Stacy. Any word on a California date?

Mad Max 30 01-05-2014 05:21 PM

Hi Stacy.

Happy New Year!

Just sent you an e-mail to start looking and changing my policy for the Cig.

Thanks!

jvthundercat 01-05-2014 08:41 PM

Alright, I see OK on the list now. I will give you a shout in the Spring.
JV

WakezoneINS 01-06-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by rickdarling (Post 4051806)
Hi Stacy. Any word on a California date?

Just looked and it isn't on the roll out yet but when I last spoke to my territory rep for Foremost he had indicated the first part of 2014. I'll keep you guys posted :) Thanks for checking. happy New Year!

WakezoneINS 01-06-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Max 30 (Post 4052600)
Hi Stacy.

Happy New Year!

Just sent you an e-mail to start looking and changing my policy for the Cig.

Thanks!

Hey Scott,

Yes, got your email. I'll respond to you today. :) Hope you had a great Holiday!

Stacy

Capt3915 01-07-2014 07:37 PM

Hi do you have any info on Maryland?

WakezoneINS 01-08-2014 03:43 PM

Md

Originally Posted by Capt3915 (Post 4053816)
Hi do you have any info on Maryland?

I don't see it on the roll out yet... i will keep you posted though.

WakezoneINS 02-03-2014 03:10 PM

Updated roll out list as of 02/03/2014

AL - Live
AR - Live
AZ - Live
CT - Live
DE - Live
GA - Coming 02/15/2014
IA - coming 03/15/2014
IL - Live
IN - Live
KS - Live
KY - Coming 03/01/2014
LA - Coming 03/01/2014
MI - Live
MD - coming 05/15/2014
MN - Live
MS - LIve
MO - Live
MT - Coming 03/15/2014
NE - Coming 03/01/2014
NV - Live
NJ - Live
NY - Live
OH - Live
OK - Live
OR - Coming 04/01/2014
PA - Live
SC - Live
TN - Live
TX - Live
UT - Live
WI - Live

also, I've been getting a lot of calls about this thread. THIS THREAD IS NOT A PROMISE THAT THIS CARRIER HAS THE LOWEST RATES IN THE INDUSTRY. They may not. The point is, that it is a great option for some people. I've always held the philosophy that not every program is a good fit for everybody. That is why i represent many carriers.... This program is great for some and not such a good options for others. BUT it doesn't hurt to give it a try and see how it compares to what you have.

WakezoneINS 02-24-2014 09:47 PM

More states just released:

CO - 04/01/2014]
KY - Now 05/01/2014
NM - 3/15/2014
NC - 04/15/2014

CrownHawg 04-10-2014 10:56 AM

Stacey, I see Arkansas was added 1 Jan of this year. I had requested a quote from you several years ago, but was denied for over 70mph top speed. I just requested a new quote. I have Progressive now but am a little nervous from what others here have said about "Flo". Thanks!

WakezoneINS 04-10-2014 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by CrownHawg (Post 4104449)
Stacey, I see Arkansas was added 1 Jan of this year. I had requested a quote from you several years ago, but was denied for over 70mph top speed. I just requested a new quote. I have Progressive now but am a little nervous from what others here have said about "Flo". Thanks!

Hi there,

I don't see any requests for any AR based quotes in our system or in our pending requests. Are you requesting from wakezoneinsurance.com??? Also, being denied for being over 70mph does not sound like our agency... Are you sure you were denied by us. It just seems odd since we've been writing high performance (no speed exclusions) since 2006.....We write 200mph boats so I'm not sure why 70mph would have been a reason other than if you had extenuating circumstances that limited your eligibility???? Not sure but please call me direct to discuss because as I mentioned, I do not have any requests from AR currently pending.

CrownHawg 04-10-2014 03:19 PM

I'm pretty sure, but I have slept since then so maybe it was someone else. I just filled out the online quote form this morning. I clicked on the link in your signature. It's from Conway, AR. On an Advantage 32 Victory.

WakezoneINS 04-10-2014 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by CrownHawg (Post 4104586)
I'm pretty sure, but I have slept since then so maybe it was someone else. I just filled out the online quote form this morning. I clicked on the link in your signature. It's from Conway, AR. On an Advantage 32 Victory.

Hi there,

We do not have any request for Conway, AR.....

Perhaps you can give me a call or PM me your number and I'll call you?

Stacy

rickdarling 04-10-2014 06:20 PM

Stacey, Although California is not on the list yet, I submitted an app anyway. The current insurance on my cat will be coming due in May. Please let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks,

Richard (Rick) Darling

WakezoneINS 04-10-2014 08:36 PM

Hey Brian and Richard, for one reason or another your requests just came in back to back... I'll work on them and get back to you both. Thank you!

Couginitnordic 04-10-2014 10:32 PM

Any plans for Washington state?

WakezoneINS 04-14-2014 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Couginitnordic (Post 4104787)
Any plans for Washington state?

Washington goes live tomorrow (04/15/14)

WakezoneINS 04-14-2014 01:03 PM

Brian - Sent you an email. I looked at my emails to you from 2009... we could offer you coverage we were just more expensive than what you were paying with your current carrier.

Richard - Trying to send email with your quote to EarthLink but I am blocked.... CA isn't part of this program yet so I sent you a quote from another one of our performance carriers.

Thanks all.

WakezoneINS 04-14-2014 01:09 PM

Roll out list as of 04/14/14

AL - Live
AR - Live
AZ - Live
CA - Not announced yet
CO - Live
CT - Live
DE - Live
FL - Not announced yet - tentative Summer 2014
GA - Live
IA - Live
IL - Live
IN - Live
KS - Live
KY - Coming 05/01/2014
LA - Live
MI - Live
MD - coming 05/15/2014
MN - Live
MS - LIve
MO - Live
MT - Live
NC - Live
NE - Live
NV - Live
NJ - Live
NM - Live
NY - Live
OH - Live
OK - Live
OR - Live
PA - Live
RI - Not Announced
SC - Live
TN - Live
TX - Live
UT - Live
VA - Not announced yet
VT - Live on 5/15/14
WA - Live
WI - Live
WV - 6/1/2014

yeller 05-10-2014 03:33 PM

Hi Stacy. I was going to call your company, but then I thought my question may help others.
I am a Canadian resident and my boat is registered and insured in Canada. I also have a residence in the US and wish to take my boat there for several months. I can not find a Cdn company that will insure my boat in the US (beyond a few weeks).
Do you have any policies that would work for Cdn boat and owners?

Thanks,
Glen

WakezoneINS 05-12-2014 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by yeller (Post 4120129)
Hi Stacy. I was going to call your company, but then I thought my question may help others.
I am a Canadian resident and my boat is registered and insured in Canada. I also have a residence in the US and wish to take my boat there for several months. I can not find a Cdn company that will insure my boat in the US (beyond a few weeks).
Do you have any policies that would work for Cdn boat and owners?

Thanks,
Glen

Hi Glen,

Great question! Unfortunately, the program that this thread is about (Foremost Marine Choice product) does not allow for any Canadian boats/citizens unless the boat is in the US Full time. Have you tried Dolphin Insurance in Canada or Ogilvy & Ogilvy?

Stacy

Gladiator11 06-02-2014 08:56 PM

Idaho?

blingbling 08-25-2014 11:31 PM

Hi Stacy, Just wanted to say thanks for all you do in the boat insurance world and that policy you have my Nortech CC on. Boating in the Bahamas and my boat in the slip at night, boating and sleeping were much better with the policy you have me on. Thanks again hope all is well.

Greg Faulkner

Powerquest230 01-11-2015 04:47 PM

Hello Stacy,

Any news on helping us in FL get rid of Flo?

Thanks,
Rick