Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
Nada versus asking price >

Nada versus asking price

Notices

Nada versus asking price

Old 12-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing that a bank will use the NADA as a guide. You will never get more than 80% of NADA and maybe less depending how old it is. In their minds a '99 boat of any make is "old" even if it is still in mint condition.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastboater
I'm guessing that a bank will use the NADA as a guide. You will never get more than 80% of NADA and maybe less depending how old it is. In their minds a '99 boat of any make is "old" even if it is still in mint condition.
that'll make negotiations interesting
Old 12-14-2016, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

NADA is just a guide, on some boat values they are close and on some they are way off.

the problem is that good clean used boats are hard to find now days so the demand for clean boats is high,so with that been said a dealer knows that as well
so they will sit back and wait and sooner or later a educated consumer will come by and buy the boat,
plenty of boats that have been listed in the past and I thought it will never sell for that price ,but 2 weeks later its sold.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35 years a Credit Union member. Very nice to do business with when it comes to finance older boats. In this area, A lot of banks won't touch anything over 10 years old.
As far as the 29 OL goes without seeing it 32K +/- With a trailer.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
NADA is just a guide, on some boat values they are close and on some they are way off.

the problem is that good clean used boats are hard to find now days so the demand for clean boats is high,so with that been said a dealer knows that as well
so they will sit back and wait and sooner or later a educated consumer will come by and buy the boat,
plenty of boats that have been listed in the past and I thought it will never sell for that price ,but 2 weeks later its sold.
I see that too, I just don't want to make an offer on a boat and find out a bank won't give me the amount of loan to buy the boat because of nada values. Just talked to my credit union though, and they said they actually will go over nada (they like to work with people lol), but they 8 percent for a ten year loan
Old 12-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Rattlesnake is correct...go to local credit union and see what they will give for loan and term. Good luck.

Chris
Old 12-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Rattlesnake is correct...go to local credit union and see what they will give for loan and term. Good luck.

Chris
talked to my credit union yesterday who I've been a member of for years. They said they only make loans on boats 25 feet and smaller, and theinterest rate was 8 percent. I think I need to join a better credit union
Old 12-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Registered

This is interesting. While "shopping" around for my "new to me" 28-36 performance CC, the prices are all over the place! Book on most of these 10-20 year old boats are in the upper $20's to maybe $40k and the sellers are asking $60k, $70k, $80k and up! Its ridiculous! So, if you were to finance something like this, you'd need half down just to be at "Book Value". I understand NADA is a guide, but a boat isn't necessarily a good "investment" anyway. So, you gotta get a good deal to protect your self as much as possible from future losses (ie, paying double book and then trading it or selling it in a year or two for the book value).

If I could find a nice hull that needed a repower, I'd buy the hull and get a new pair of 300 Verados for $40k installed and have a nearly new boat. Easier said than done it seems.....
Old 12-22-2016, 12:34 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,784 Likes on 885 Posts

Originally Posted by jwws9999
this boat, like it alot, what do you guys think it's worth. by the way, it doesn't have a trailer

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...fi-o67830.html
Avg NADA Retail is about 28k w/o trailer. I would say ultra low hours and probably pristine condition puts it into at least the low-mid 30's.
I would suggest calling or emailing Ed to discuss it.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Avg NADA Retail is about 28k w/o trailer. I would say ultra low hours and probably pristine condition puts it into at least the low-mid 30's.
I would suggest calling or emailing Ed to discuss it.
Yeah, that's what I figured as well. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row before I start talking to dealers, and I'm constantly seeing these 29 outlaws listed for 40k and above, than look at the nada values and get confused.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.