Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Jaguar (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/jaguar-129/)
-   -   Jag video 2005 bridge to bridge (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/jaguar/108753-jag-video-2005-bridge-bridge.html)

grads2112 07-28-2005 08:00 PM

Jag video 2005 bridge to bridge

Here's a link to the Jaguar running at the 2005 bridge to bridge. It might take a minute to download because its 6.5 mb. http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Jag-2005

By the way, what was the fastest boat that day?... Oh thats right it was an Eliminator.

Byrdman 07-28-2005 09:57 PM

Re: Jag video 2005 bridge to bridge

Nice blow by!

27daytona 07-29-2005 07:19 AM

Greg, Thanks for posting my run. Yes, Eliminator had the fastest run all weekend. Those short little boats are really fast in smooth water. Seriously, they build a great boat. Thanks again. Doug

Dueclaws 07-29-2005 08:31 AM

Way cool Doug!
The Pfaff engines seem to work and they have a different (smoother) sound than the Cobra's. Are you running solid rollers or hydraulic? Which cylinder heads? Same blowers?

That flat water doesn't work great for cats like ours. Take on that Eliminator...... offshore...... :evilb: :D

John

27daytona 07-30-2005 12:00 AM

John, The cams are roller hydryaulic, the heads are Dart pro's and the blowers remained the same, mooneyham 1071's but I did intercool with whipple chillers. The sound is much different and I have had more than my share of problems so I do not want to be hasty but my gut feeling is that the Cobra motors were faster without the chillers and running less boost. I'm still testing so the jury is still out. I went with Pfaff so I would be on the same coast and within driving distance. They both, Cobra and Pfaff are excellent people to due business with so I'm sure the final product will be fine. My luck has to change for the better soon. Doug

Dueclaws 07-30-2005 07:02 AM

Doug
Sorry to read that you're continuing to have problems with the engines. I wish you the best in getting it all resolved.
Stay in touch!
I'll post more photos this weekend.
John

ROTAX454 09-17-2005 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 27daytona
John, The cams are roller hydryaulic, the heads are Dart pro's and the blowers remained the same, mooneyham 1071's but I did intercool with whipple chillers. The sound is much different and I have had more than my share of problems so I do not want to be hasty but my gut feeling is that the Cobra motors were faster without the chillers and running less boost. I'm still testing so the jury is still out. I went with Pfaff so I would be on the same coast and within driving distance. They both, Cobra and Pfaff are excellent people to due business with so I'm sure the final product will be fine. My luck has to change for the better soon. Doug

Doug, Love that Blow by. Play that video for my friends and they are amazed at the speed, sound, etc. Sweet looking cat too. What was the speed you topped during the video?
From a fellow cat owner, with less power. :-(

27daytona 09-18-2005 12:06 AM

Thanks for watching the video. A buddy of mine took the shots and did a great job. I made that run with almost no run time on the motors and I think I was only at just over 100 m.p.h. althought I didn't ever see the speed board. I was in the delta today and ran 128 in pretty rough water into the wind which is probably as good as it gets for a pretty heavy boat, by today's standard. I think my luck has changed and I'm happy again. I'll try again tomorrow and hope to get a bit more time on the motors. thanks Doug

ROTAX454 09-19-2005 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 27daytona
Thanks for watching the video. A buddy of mine took the shots and did a great job. I made that run with almost no run time on the motors and I think I was only at just over 100 m.p.h. althought I didn't ever see the speed board. I was in the delta today and ran 128 in pretty rough water into the wind which is probably as good as it gets for a pretty heavy boat, by today's standard. I think my luck has changed and I'm happy again. I'll try again tomorrow and hope to get a bit more time on the motors. thanks Doug

Doug, What do you call a "pretty heavy boat"? Translated, how much does your boat weight? Richard