Misc Jaguar photos

Notices

Misc Jaguar photos

Old 04-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Misc Jaguar photos

No updates yet. I had the boat lift equipment replaced with a 2 motor setup. Unfortunately, we now need to rewire to 220 because 110 volts is not providing enough power.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Got the lift updated and it now works great. But we put the boat in the water and one of the Huber transmissions failed!
Doug: hope you're still running!
J
Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John, We have had so much rain and bad weather that I have not attempted a boat launch, so I guess my boating season is still a success story. I need a good year. Tom Huber will do a good job on the rebuild and if they are his trans he will give you a great price. Good luck. Doug
Old 04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the way, I thought the Huber failure was my fault: there was an air pocket in the cooler.........oops!

See next post.....

Last edited by Dueclaws; 05-15-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RE: Huber 1200 trans failure-
The clutches were burned and I thought the failure was because of an air pocket in the cooler: caused by a low fluid situation.

Earl at Huber disassembled, rebuilt, and tested the trans. He found that the oil pressure started a little low, but after ten minutes of running the pressure continued to drop. He went into the trans at least two more times and then discovered that one of the transmission case bores was too large. This allowed oil to leak past the seals after the unit got warm.

Replaced the case ($600.00) and all was good. Total cost was about $1,300. He's shipping it back today.

Due
Old 05-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The trans worked great. We went out in Galveston Bay to see/feel how it ran in a strong chop. Amazing ride!
Due
Old 05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Due, How was the run? I ran mine at a local lake and it ran fine. Flat water but I think the motors will be okay and it might be a good year. The Jags do like it rough. We need pics. Doug
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
The boat just feels like it comes alive around 60, but we haven't make any full throttle runs (...slowly... working my way up in speed). I also like the way it leans-in during turns.

There are a couple of minor issues: one fuel pump has more pressure than I like (hate it when readings don't match port to starboard), so need to exchange it. Also water pressure is different, so need to check that. Otherwise, it's great!

We'll try to get some photos....would've done so last week, but it was so blasted windy we had a heck of a time backing into the slip. Forgot about the photos!
John
Old 05-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John, I think the bottoms of our boats are similar, they really do not feel good until around 60 to 70 mph. Mine has a slight porpoise between 75 and 83 mph on flat water but is not noticable in any kind of chop. Any speed over 85 is predictable and smooth as glass even in 2 to 3 ft. of wind chop. I don't think these boats will do anything to bite us if we respect them. I find 85 a good cruise speed and at 5000 rpm on pretty flat water I ran 110 mph. I do not know what these motors are capable of but think 130 should be possible in ideal conditions, in 2 ft. chop. I really just want to boat for a season without any broken motors or trans. good luck. Doug
Old 05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
Good cruise numbers! What rpm is 85 mph?
Hope you have a great season and
I'll keep you up to date.
John

Quick Reply: Misc Jaguar photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.