Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Kryptonite (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/kryptonite-262/)
-   -   Kryptonite Fun Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/kryptonite/221953-kryptonite-fun-run.html)

DonRoc 12-29-2009 05:15 PM

Kryptonite Fun Run

i didnt want to take over John's thread, looks like we were. So started this one.

Sounds like we are an easy group to please, that alone will make for a great time whatever we do. Personally I do Seneca all the time. The benefits are plenty of room and very little traffic, patrols or haste. 40 miles of wide open running, in usually rough water (fun for our boats) The negative is not near as much to do. we would want to make some phone calls and see what is going on and plan around an event with a band. If the SPBA does something again this year, it is off the hook, boats from all over the country, race teams, live AC/DC cover band the works.but it is usually right on the edge OOC.
Being I am on Seneca I wouldn't mind a change of venue. What are we thinking Friday night Saturday or. Saturday- Sunday? Also I don't know anyone's family life will it be a Family run? Guys and there gals? just guys or anything goes? I would bring my son he is 8 but is well mannered and loves to run the boat, being I have a marina on the lake he has been in boats from birth. But if I am the only one with a child I will opt for a sitter for him.

jdub 12-29-2009 05:35 PM

Good thread to start Don.......I didn't mind the hijack.

I guess the first thing we should do is pick a location.

1) Seneca seems good to me if we get everything planned as you said.

2) Chesapeake Bay is good because we could put in and bounce around a dozen places with out much planning.

With that said, I (not that it matters) think Chesapeake would be good for our first (hopefully more to come) run because it wouldn't take much to get going. Basically all we would have to do is pick a date and make a reservation here http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/...questid=282055 and we're good to go. Once we see what kind of crowd we get together future venues could be alot easier to plan. Just my thoughts...tell me what ya think

TeamSaris 12-29-2009 05:53 PM

Im in for Anything but my vote is Seneca. Maybe the two marinas can put together a Krytonite support trailer :drink:

jdub 12-29-2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3014016)
Im in for Anything but my vote is Seneca. Maybe the two marinas can put together a Krytonite support trailer :drink:

I like that idea :evilb:

lightspeed 12-29-2009 08:36 PM

My Daughter Goes To Cornell University Thats On cayuga Lake Went There A Few Times Its Huge,,,, Great Place To Eat At The Boatyard Rest,,,

TeamSaris 12-29-2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 3014017)
I like that idea :evilb:

You would :drink:

DonRoc 12-29-2009 09:46 PM

You guys are too funny with the kryptonite support trailer. I will have it all set up with a guy on call. My trailer will be hooked up ready to rescue. I also provide the only tow service on the lake, free for us of course.

DonRoc 12-29-2009 09:46 PM

Seneca is a little bigger than Cayuga, and rougher as there is only 1 place to go to escape the waves if its blowing. Cayuga does not have all the cliffs around it and is shallower. Seneca is 610' deep, 100 yards off shore its 75-125'. But Cayuga being flatter near shore has more places to build therefore a lot more activity and many more bars, restaurants on it. which comes with more marine patrols. The noise is an issue, as with on Seneca.
Don't get me wrong I love Seneca for the freedom to do a little more and not worry about getting into trouble or caught, and there is no speed limit... But for that you don't get much to do, without lots of planning.

Cayuga lake is another option with much more to do, or wait to see what's up with the SPBA and there poker run. I will call the Pres of the SPBA tonight, and see what is going on, he also put together many good runs for his members, he may have some great ideas. I will let you know or get him to post some thoughts here.

Mastercraft240 12-29-2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by DonRoc (Post 3014204)
also provide the only tow service on the lake, free for us of course.

This is a deal breaker for me:lolhit:... with my boats' track record so far:party-smiley-004:

Philm 12-29-2009 10:12 PM

yea seriously, free towing is always a good idea. :drink:

Like I said, I am down for anything. You guys set it up and just keep us updated about when we are going to do it and where and I will do my best to be there. If it is during a time that I am working, well then we will have to reschedule. I will be working 2 weeks on 2 weeks off after this trip, so it wont have to be moved very far.