Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Kryptonite (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/kryptonite-262/)
-   -   Krypto 29 layup schedule? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/kryptonite/223280-krypto-29-layup-schedule.html)

Lauderdaleboats 01-23-2010 08:43 PM

Krypto 29 layup schedule?

Kryptonites seem to be very fast compared to other boats in this size range. I'm assuming they have a very light layup schedule. How much of a beating can they take running offshore? I saw in some pics that they are fully balsacored. Any idea what the layup schedule is on these boats?

Mastercraft240 01-23-2010 11:33 PM

Not sure about the layup schedual but Kryptonites can take a beating. I got caught in coming out of NYC in solid 8 footers, going 30mph the boat was launching and slamming pretty bad. When I took the boat out I was expecting quite a few cracks but to my dismay, there was not one. Maybe Fast 2 Fun can chime in. His Kryptonite had a collision with typhoon and he can't even find a crack....

TeamSaris 01-23-2010 11:50 PM

Ours has been offshore racing all its life, not a stress crack. There light because everything is balsa cored or foam cored...there built a lot like a Skater...light and strong. The speed is a lot in the bottom as well.

Philm 01-24-2010 05:15 PM

Mine has only one small set of stress cracks, and they arent even on teh bottom, they are on the back of the swim platform. I am not entirely sure how they got there, but I am fairly sure they happened after a particularly nose high launch off a solid 6' wake that looked like a wall. It was at least a 3 one thousand set of airtime with a stern landing. the cracks are certainly nothing to worry about, I cant even get them to show up in pictures they are so small.

No cracks on the bottom at all though, and I crawl around looking for them all the time. Especially after offshore runs.

jdub 01-24-2010 05:40 PM

What are you talking about Phil..??? Your layup schedule is going to be the entire 2010 season if you don't get started on that motor :lolhit::evilb:

TeamSaris 01-24-2010 09:05 PM

You wont break a Krypto...period

Mastercraft240 01-24-2010 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Philm (Post 3030724)
Mine has only one small set of stress cracks, and they arent even on teh bottom, they are on the back of the swim platform. I am not entirely sure how they got there, but I am fairly sure they happened after a particularly nose high launch off a solid 6' wake that looked like a wall. It was at least a 3 one thousand set of airtime with a stern landing. the cracks are certainly nothing to worry about, I cant even get them to show up in pictures they are so small.

No cracks on the bottom at all though, and I crawl around looking for them all the time. Especially after offshore runs.

Phil, is your crack near the port cleat in the back? If so, I always thought it was from tieing the boat up in snotty water

Philm 01-25-2010 01:09 PM

No, it is right on the back edge of the swim platform, like something (water) hit the bottom of the platform.

And John, :drink: Let me know when you are ready and we will yank this sucker out. I will give you a call later today probably.

Lauderdaleboats 01-25-2010 09:26 PM

"Ours has been offshore racing all its life, not a stress crack. There light because everything is balsa cored or foam cored...there built a lot like a Skater...light and strong. The speed is a lot in the bottom as well."

Are these boats Epoxy also like the skaters or viynlester? If I were to purchase one I'd like to know how much glass is beneath me espesially with a light layup.

OL40SVX 01-25-2010 09:34 PM

Not epoxy.