Drop Down Bolsters >

Drop Down Bolsters

Notices

Drop Down Bolsters

Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop Down Bolsters

I am thinking about converting to drop down bolsters. a customer has them in his Kryptonite (might be the only Kryptonite with them). We are both pretty short 5'7". And just love the bolsters. When it gets rough I love to stand. And being short I cant move the seat far enough back to reach the wheel when sitting and be able to stand in front of it when its rough.
Anyone have a pair they would part with, or know of a good place to buy a custom set?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

PPI has some of the best looking and built stuff out http://www.ppi-fl.com/oem/hp_boats.htm

What's your buddy's Kryp look like? Post a pic. The guy I bought my Kryp from had another one back in 99' or 00' and I think it had dropouts.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop down bolsters would be nice, but I dont really think that I would like standing behind the wheel considering how low it is compared to other stand up boats. Also, I dont know if the seat height is high enough to accomodate a drop down.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I fit was me Don, id make my own or customize what I had. You have the ability, this is what we did in the Avanti for racing..we made it so the bottom came halfway out, we could stand or sit depending on the course. Then just had it upolstered. Your right standing in rough water is the ****z Sittings going to be hard to get used to
Old 01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

This is the only pic I have of mikes boat (the customer I refer to) we rigged his boat (steering, drive, tabs) and Performance marine did the motor. Johnny do you have any pics. I remember the vid you shot at 104 mph... but it doesn't show much of the boat.
The bolsters are perfect for this boat.
Johnny I don't know about the seat I did raise it so I can see over the dash. I like to lean against the back of the seat. I will have to take another look at the seat and brain storm. on how to get the seat out of the way enough tp lean back. Or buy something new.
Attached Thumbnails Drop Down Bolsters-mikes.jpg  
Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

This is the best pic of my seat. with the front seat base support I cant even reduce the seat length to be able to stand in front. I may remove it so I can reduce the seat base length then I can sit and there would be room in front to stand. It is a comfortable seat. Maybe I can rig a drop down for the seat.
Attached Thumbnails Drop Down Bolsters-krypttransom021.jpg  
Old 01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by DonRoc
This is the best pic of my seat. with the front seat base support I cant even reduce the seat length to be able to stand in front. I may remove it so I can reduce the seat base length then I can sit and there would be room in front to stand. It is a comfortable seat. Maybe I can rig a drop down for the seat.
I bet you can drop that out, has lots of room underneath it. I didnt like the seats in Mikes boat, even then (at 14 or something) there needed to be more seat under my ass lol
That boat is the reason we bought ours tho
Old 01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

Don, you're gonna laugh.... but a couple years ago when I first heard of kryptonite, I did a full body classified search. I grabbed a bunch of photos of all the ones for sale. I just happen to find what you're looking for. Enjoy bud!
Attached Thumbnails Drop Down Bolsters-2002yellowkrypto2.jpeg   Drop Down Bolsters-2002yellowkryptointerior.jpeg  
Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Don, you're gonna laugh.... but a couple years ago when I first heard of kryptonite, I did a full body classified search. I grabbed a bunch of photos of all the ones for sale. I just happen to find what you're looking for. Enjoy bud!
Nice find.............I would bet those seats where made by Don Frost in Babylon, NY http://dfi-ny.com/stand-up%20bolsters.htm The second ones down on the page look like them. Give them a call......

Last edited by jdub; 01-31-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Its all tooooo familier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.