Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Kryptonite (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/kryptonite-262/)
-   -   considering kryptonite, have questions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/kryptonite/235836-considering-kryptonite-have-questions.html)

tx911 07-29-2010 09:29 PM

considering kryptonite, have questions

I am thinking about coming up with the funds to buy the 03 kryp. in the classified section with no power or drive. It seems like a pretty good deal, but I have a few concerns. First of all I said I would not buy another sit down boat because I dont like it in the rough, it beats you up, and with the low freeboard it makes some riders uncomfortable. How is the rough water handling on the kryp? How is the handling in general? I dont run off shore, but do hit some very rough lakes, and my girlfriend hates how rough my current boat rides, its rough real rough.

Next qustion is what kind of performance can I expect with 630hp, and a standard length bravo. Do I need a shorty or does this hull do well with a standard length drive? Not only top end, but what cruise speed is reasonable to expect?

Last is a few questions about the interior. How is cockpit space? Is the cuddy useable? I dont mean for a weekend, but is it good enough to overnight if needed? And finally could you ditch the rear scoop and put a traditional padded deck on the back as long as you were not trying to fit a blower underneath? I like the scoop, but again the girlfriend wants a place to chill.
The kryptonite is one of the coolest looking boats out there, and seems to fit my bill as a fast hull without going to twins.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mastercraft240 07-29-2010 09:50 PM

That boat's sold.

The boat handles very very well. Its extremely user friendly, but you have to be careful with these single stepped light shallow V's. The boat will ride very well in the rough. It rides on top of the water, doesn't cut through. Of course, this means it's going to be a little more bumpy than a heavier hull of the same size. It is a VERY VERY fast huill though. I definitely would not recommend buying one and adding a sunpad. Bad idea, especially because the hatch is curved. The cockpit is user friendly, but it's most definitely bare bones. Seats, cushions, handles and a floor to plant your feet down. 630hp will get you in 85mph every day, depending on your X dimension. Some of the kryptos need spacers, some don't.

tx911 07-29-2010 10:04 PM

That really sucks that its sold, was just what i have been looking for.

DonRoc 07-29-2010 10:59 PM

I am goig to sell mine this winter when I swap everything over to a cat. I plan on putting the 534 I had in it back in and selling it turn key. it was a 90mph ride with the new clyinders and bore job i expect 90 all day and 92 or so with a light load or more. I might sell it without the motor but doubt it. What are you looking to spend

DonRoc 07-29-2010 11:20 PM

The motor is out of it now I might be motivated to let it go this summer. with or without a motor, I have an extra drive An Imco SC Extreme -2 With ITS. I could put it together anyway you want.
I am working on a deal for a cat right now. I don't need the money so don't really care if it sells now, in fact would rather get some time on the lake this summer and swap things into the Daytona over the winter, but whatever works. The motor is out now, it might be easier although I would loose some time this summer if I let it go now. It also has an intercom system, I have not decided to keep or let go with the boat.

Philm 07-30-2010 09:36 AM

Great boats, I am somewhat biased though. Don's is well set up, he did a bunch of transom work to get the X as high as possible and it is a runner.

hell for the right price I woudl sell mine set up. Imco SC -1, ITS, 598ci N/A with somewhere in the 700-750hp range. Nicest interior of any Kryptonite on here.

DonRoc 07-30-2010 09:44 AM

What do you think our boats are worth? I am going to sell mine in the winter/spring. I am thinking without motor. I have the dana hyd hatch lifts, stereo, intercom, every guage you need and then some, smoking paint job. Maybe 30K no motor or drive, with the 534, IMCO SC-3, ITS trun key $45K what do you think? Just trying to get an idea..

Tom A. 07-30-2010 09:52 AM

Sounds right Don. I think in this market with that equipment it is fair. You may have to take 25/40ish if you want a quick sale.

DonRoc 07-30-2010 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3171499)
Sounds right Don. I think in this market with that equipment it is fair. You may have to take 25/40ish if you want a quick sale.

Thanks Tom

Philm 07-30-2010 12:19 PM

I would think that you would easily get $40k, and more like $45-$47k turn key. I would certainly like to think so anyway. I am not planning on selling mine though. $25-30k no power/drives is reasonable.