Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   LaveyCraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft-205/)
-   -   F1-11 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft/187508-f1-11-a.html)

stoltz 05-26-2008 10:41 AM

F1-11

I just ended up buying the old laveycraft F1-11 race boat. I was just wondering if anyone out there knew some info on the boat? Thanks for your help.

POOL WHORE 05-26-2008 11:21 AM

Congrats, dude!

I spoke with LBYS 2 months ago and they said the bank would like to see the boat go for "somewhere in the mid 20Ks". I just noticed that the price had fallen below the 20K mark. I was going to visit the yard up Beach Blvd. this morning to haggle with them. I guess that you saved me a trip.

The little Lavey is well-built with the balsa cored hull. I was surprised to see how clean the hull was considering the history of the race boat and how many times across the country she has been. Even the trailer looks solid.

Good luck with the purchase. Are you planning on racing the boat?

Hugh

stoltz 05-26-2008 09:25 PM

don't know what we are going to do with it yet. One of those deals you cant pass up. I have tried to do some research on the boat, it looks like it had a good life. The hull is very solid only has one stress crack that I can see. I think that we are going to put a big motor in it and go scare the chit out of myself. What do these boats run with a 525 in them? Do you think its a waste to put alot of power in this hull?

POOL WHORE 05-27-2008 08:25 AM

The boat is solid and light. No need to have extreme power. When the guys had a 525 EFI bolted in the boat, she was touching 90. Even with a 496 HO, Bobby said he was in the low 80s. There is a classic sequence shot of the 2004 World's in Key West of the boat "tripping" and submerging the nose at speed. One photo is in Powerboat's tribute to Tom Newby that was recently published.

Have fun! And be safe!

JPD Motorsports 05-27-2008 01:58 PM

do you have a pic of it? is it the one that faster daddy has/had?

stoltz 05-27-2008 11:35 PM

It looks just like the pic of the boat at the top of the offshoreonly page. f1-11 is what the boat says. It also says 2003, 2005 world champion. All the decals are pulled off the boat, but you can still see part of them in the sun. Still trying to dig up info on the boat.

JPD Motorsports 05-28-2008 08:54 PM

boat ran like a champ on rails around the course. check with Kevin Cooper at LaveyCraft. I know the owner and the boat a little. What type of info u looking for?

stoltz 05-28-2008 11:04 PM

I guess the history of the boat. And also what the boat ran with a 525 in it. Originally we were going to make a pleasure boat of of it, but now I dont know what we are going to do. I have a big superchared engine that I thought would be fun in the boat. But it seems that the boat has alot of history.

JPD Motorsports 05-29-2008 10:24 PM

They ran the boat with a raylar motor in the LOTO shoot out a year or two back cant remeber the speed. I know in 05 The old owner would take that boat to Lavey and have them go thru it and the trailer a few times that season even before Key West and after. Everytime it pulled in the pits a full washdown was instore along with everytime put up on the trailer. With the inovation motor that was in it 05 it was a mid 80's boat set up for F1.

stoltz 05-30-2008 10:39 PM

what about 1100 horses in the boat what do you think it will run?