Ordered a new 2750 W/Ilmor 710 today! >

Ordered a new 2750 W/Ilmor 710 today!

Notices

Ordered a new 2750 W/Ilmor 710 today!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comments:

Well the Furuno 8 inch screen is still not much of a downgrade it is an awesome unit very high end.

You start to run out of space on the helm with monster gauges and the like. If you had a blower motor you would have at least four more gauges---with no room--.

Hey Ron! does some sweet work if he sets his mind to it watch out--- real talented guy.

Yes! the license is a big deal not many people have one. Hell I'd be happy with just the damn password. It is amazing what you can do to the MEFI IV with a laptop--- air/fuel, barometric changes, knock sensors and stuff I do not even know.

It runs 104MPH but tops has been consistently 101.5MPH on 91octane but only when the temp. is cooler ie... less than 80 degrees. In the summer with the heat it is real hard to hit the high numbers even more so if the water is flat and sticky. Real hard to air the boat out when conditions are not good. As you know performance is directly connected to conditions your running on--- somedays you hit the high numbers and the boat is running awesome other days it will barely crack 92MPH. [Note: Boat weighs in at 5,250lbs. that is not light.]

Speed is relative and vary's with each person. It is my opinion that any speed can have disasterous results but when you get into speeds above 90MPH---it can kill you quick. The magazines all tout these ridiculous speeds like it's childs play but very few drivers have the experience to drive above this speed often and in the public right of way.

Having said the above I sure like to air the boat out when conditions are right .

Great talking with you.

KAP
Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Dave, i was at the shop over the weekend and your boat is all wet sanded and buffed out shining like a gem.
Lookin great!!

Also, bummer your not gunna attend the nadda regatta. We will miss ya out there.

-peace
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Chris

Tell me about it brother- how Id LOVE to be hanging with you guys.................

"Uncle Dave"