Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Out of the Mold- Im blown away! >

Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Notices

Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:40 PM
  #41  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 772
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Great looking boat!! real classy color scheme!! Love the power choice and all the high end gear....
007joe is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 AM
  #42  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,801
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks 007Joe

Originally Posted by 007joe View Post
Great looking boat!! real classy color scheme!! Love the power choice and all the high end gear....
Thanks for the compliments! and taking the time to look at it.
(Nice Chevelle <nova?> if I might add)

Its been a long time coming but I believe it will be worth the wait.

Yeah Ive got more $$ tied up in here than in my first condo.
If there is a 28 foot boat out there with more technology in it Id love to take a look .

The only other machine Ive seen a recent build of that I really like is the Pantera 28 Joe just finished.

Not that I dont "like" other boats I just havent seen any documented 28ft V builds that look exciting as mine and this one recently. Of course Im biased.

Do you know....does Pantera Vacuum bag?




"Uncle Dave"

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Attached Thumbnails Out of the Mold- Im blown away!-dsc05620.jpg  
Uncle Dave is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
  #43  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 772
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

does pantera vacuum bag? don't know....
I agree though both boats are beautiful, don't think the pantera has all the amenities you've included...(in fairness i don't think that was a custom order) But they both are unique looking machines and real clean..It looks like both builders know their sh!t.. Not knocking it but sometimes too many crazy colors is too much, and both your boat and the pantera are subtle but outstanding as well.... What are speed estimates the way your boat is set up?
It's a Chevelle (thanks) and its going to end up in a color close to your boat probably....
007joe is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:46 PM
  #44  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Raleigh,NC & 1000 Islands,NY
Posts: 1,024
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

U Dave,
Your boat is really looking awesome! Can't wait to hear from you after your first ride...of course it will probably take a while to peel your fingers off the wheel and get you to post!
Congrats again; and thank you so much for all the informative pm's...your knowledge and experience w/sb's has probably saved many a headache!
Chris
spilman is offline  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
  #45  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,801
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Guys

Good Question 007 Joe-

With all the stuff Ive got in here Im hoping I can get about 90 out of it. I figure it ll spin a 4 blade 27 to about 6300 then factor in about 15% slip gets me to like 91-92. Or do I go with a 5 blade or 6 blade 26 that bites harder and slips less? I see some guys putting 30 on these ilmors but that seems way too high to me if youve got 100 gallons and 5 dudes (more like me my babe , a buddy and 2 other chicks)
With a light load and a 28 maybe mid 90's.

I had a 71 Chevelle that had a 4 speed and a bench seat-I traded a 1983 suzuki GS1100 for - not as cool as your rig, but then I was 24 and had little dough. It had a rockin 383 in it I built myself that I was quite proud of. The thrill in that day was thumping 5.0 litre stangs. Im bummed I let it go, but I have Sooo many toys now I wouldn't be able to store it.

Spillman-

Thanks man! Im pretty excited, I got "phone picts" of the removable tower yesterday that I cant xfer, but you'll all see soon.

In case you hadn't seen it heres a pict of the inside of my small block Lavey tunnell hull. Its a really fast river/lake rocket thats turn key reliable.

Ive had so many combos in that rig its ridiculous, but I learned a lot.

It seems a crime not to try to help cool guys from making the same mistakes I did- and I made a LOT of mistakes.

When buddies ask "howd you learn that?
My usual answer is "by mistake".

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

"Uncle Dave"

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Attached Thumbnails Out of the Mold- Im blown away!-nacimiento-cruise.jpg   Out of the Mold- Im blown away!-710-crate.jpg  
Uncle Dave is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
  #46  
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
Posts: 6,281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Thanks for the compliments! and taking the time to look at it.
(Nice Chevelle <nova?> if I might add)

Its been a long time coming but I believe it will be worth the wait.

Yeah Ive got more $$ tied up in here than in my first condo.
If there is a 28 foot boat out there with more technology in it Id love to take a look .

The only other machine Ive seen a recent build of that I really like is the Pantera 28 Joe just finished.

Not that I dont "like" other boats I just havent seen any documented 28ft V builds that look exciting as mine and this one recently. Of course Im biased.

Do you know....does Pantera Vacuum bag?




"Uncle Dave"

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
LOOK UP THE 28 JOKERS BLUE AND WHITE AND THE YELLOW AND SILVER ONE NOW THATS A RACE [PROVEN HULL that runs over a 110 with 800 hp call BRIAN for details thats my next hull also coming out with there new 27 footer custom built SUTPHEN soon. I like the lavey 2750 in the mags with the red colors. good night dave.
AIR TIME is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 PM
  #47  
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
Posts: 6,281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Good Question 007 Joe-

With all the stuff Ive got in here Im hoping I can get about 90 out of it. I figure it ll spin a 4 blade 27 to about 6300 then factor in about 15% slip gets me to like 91-92. Or do I go with a 5 blade or 6 blade 26 that bites harder and slips less? I see some guys putting 30 on these ilmors but that seems way too high to me if youve got 100 gallons and 5 dudes (more like me my babe , a buddy and 2 other chicks)
With a light load and a 28 maybe mid 90's.

I had a 71 Chevelle that had a 4 speed and a bench seat-I traded a 1983 suzuki GS1100 for - not as cool as your rig, but then I was 24 and had little dough. It had a rockin 383 in it I built myself that I was quite proud of. The thrill in that day was thumping 5.0 litre stangs. Im bummed I let it go, but I have Sooo many toys now I wouldn't be able to store it.

Spillman-

Thanks man! Im pretty excited, I got "phone picts" of the removable tower yesterday that I cant xfer, but you'll all see soon.

In case you hadn't seen it heres a pict of the inside of my small block Lavey tunnell hull. Its a really fast river/lake rocket thats turn key reliable.

Ive had so many combos in that rig its ridiculous, but I learned a lot.

It seems a crime not to try to help cool guys from making the same mistakes I did- and I made a LOT of mistakes.

When buddies ask "howd you learn that?
My usual answer is "by mistake".

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

"Uncle Dave"

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
warning 5 blades or 6 are tuff on bravo xr drives when putting a lot of hp behind thats why I am going to stick to a 32 or 34 b1prop, with the new power, right now with my 26 b1 I am at 12% slip.
AIR TIME is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
  #48  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,801
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dont know much about Joker.

Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
LOOK UP THE 28 JOKERS BLUE AND WHITE AND THE YELLOW AND SILVER ONE NOW THATS A RACE [PROVEN HULL that runs over a 110 with 800 hp call BRIAN for details thats my next hull also coming out with there new 27 footer custom built SUTPHEN soon. I like the lavey 2750 in the mags with the red colors. good night dave.

Looks pretty nice other than the monocolor part. Not sure what a 2750 runs with a teague 800 in it, but its probably close to 100 than 110.

Is there a 3rd party magazine test of this?


"Uncle Dave"
Uncle Dave is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM
  #49  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,801
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
warning 5 blades or 6 are tuff on bravo xr drives when putting a lot of hp behind thats why I am going to stick to a 32 or 34 b1prop, with the new power, right now with my 26 b1 I am at 12% slip.

12% is pretty good for a heavy V.
Seems to be a lot of debate around how much power is a lot.
According to many guys the 700 ponies the Ilmor puts out isnt "a lot".

The Teague platinum drive in the rig is rated for 900 so a bit rougher prop may not stress it, Interesting though in my experience a 4 blade is smoother than a 3 and a 5 is even better. Is the stress you are speaking about vibrational or something else?

According to the "Arneson principle" the only part of the prop swing that pushed the boat is from 3 to 9 PM on the bottom part of the swing. Id think that the more blade surface you have pushing water in that part of the swing the less slip you are going to have but each boat seems to respond differently to prop changes.

"Uncle Dave"
Uncle Dave is offline  
Old 12-03-2008, 03:36 PM
  #50  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,165
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

cant wait to see the finished product!! i bet you are pretty darn excited dave!
Perlmudder is offline  

Quick Reply: Out of the Mold- Im blown away!


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser