Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   LaveyCraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft-205/)
-   -   Interior Picts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft/221562-interior-picts.html)

Uncle Dave 12-20-2009 01:29 PM

Interior Picts

5 Attachment(s)
TV - Here are some pict of the interior of my 20.8 Sebring.

This was done three years ago By Ross at designer marine/Lavey.

Have you thought about external steering?

note : There is a strange compression artifact from my camera that causes the dash to look funky in some areas, these areas are smooth as a babys bottom.

UD

Uncle Dave 12-20-2009 01:48 PM

Another Thing....

1 Attachment(s)
Another thing Twisted V - is steering.

Your rig will not steer if you cross about 4-450HP barrier. The stock steering will not be able to overcome the water passing across the skeg and will blow steering fluid past the seals.

Do this too much and the steering will blow at speed and immediately and violently slam to the left or right - this will ruin your weekend.

UD

twistedvelocity 12-23-2009 12:42 AM

Once I get the boat all fixed up and in the water the next thing will be external steering before I do an engine upgrade.
Is this thread only for us?
I really gotta figure out how fast I would like to go too.

Uncle Dave 12-23-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3010691)
Once I get the boat all fixed up and in the water the next thing will be external steering before I do an engine upgrade.
Is this thread only for us?
I really gotta figure out how fast I would like to go too.

This is "your thread" boss.

What are you doing now with what power and how does the boat like it?

What prop are you turning and what RPM?

UD

twistedvelocity 12-24-2009 03:25 AM

She hasn't hit the water let.
It has a stock 350 mag.
from what I have read it should run close to 60.
I'm switching from the alpha to a bravo and im guessing that will slow me up alittle. The bravo I picked up came with a 23 mirage prop so ill be trying that one out first

twistedvelocity 12-27-2009 01:38 AM

Were you happy with the speed you got out of the sebring or would you have liked to get more?

Uncle Dave 12-30-2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3012662)
Were you happy with the speed you got out of the sebring or would you have liked to get more?

Been out at Glamis hitting the sand dunes since Sunday.......

Yes and No, - depends on the engine - Ill try to explain.

Sort of - I got mid 80's out of the original b& M supercharged 383 - then I blew it up. I estimated it was making about 400HP.

Not happy - I rebuilt it with better and more aggressive parts and cam profile and it made 450 HP on the dyno when precisioned speed in orange county ran it. I got a few more MPH out of it maybe 87 - then blew it up in about a season and a half.

Moderately Happy- Then I put a 454 that made about 500HP I built in it and got right at 90, and I started on a project 406.

Very happy - I finished the 406 it dynod at about 500HP with about 500LB ft with a flat tappett solid cam, and about 550/500 with a hydraulic roller but at higher RPM, and I learned al about rev limiters and rev control with a hydraulic roller and that flat tappett deals when cammed properly are inherently self limiting and went back to the flat tappett setup.

I pulled and sold the 454 to a friend I sold my advantage jet boat to- and put in all the trick stuff you see now and got about 94 out of it when it was fresh.

I was happy with 94.

Its now back down to mid to high 80's after years of holding my foot to the floor for hours at a time, and in need of a rebuild.

UD

twistedvelocity 12-30-2009 10:13 PM

What kind of parts did you use in the bottom end again?

Uncle Dave 12-31-2009 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3014913)
What kind of parts did you use in the bottom end again?

Im pretty sure in the 406 I used a lunati crank and stock length rods and I balanced it with Ross pistons and Childs and Albert ZGS rings.

Id have to go check the build sheet again, but Im pretty sure thats what I used.

Its been a rock solid engine for about a decade.

UD

twistedvelocity 12-31-2009 12:12 PM

When it comes time I am thinking I would like to do a 427 stroker. I gotta figure out how fast I want to go