Notices

Lavey Pics

Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Company "S" also builds one monster 32'. Saw one on the east coast in Maryland being towed, big boat that I was told does very well in the rough.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Saw it a few times as well...monster and I think it's one of only a few. Something is funky about it....kind of proportionate funky.... Would love to have a "S" boat (21') for the river... OMG that would be the ticket.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:51 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Schiada is in the classifieds up here under other. Its a 2009 - 32 with 525's at DCB for 155k also there is another Schiada 32 on boat trader that has 6.2 Merc's. 6.2 's, wonder who would order such a very nice big boat and put 6.2's in it. Kind of like buying a new Stingray Vette and ordering it with only 200 hp.

Back in 2000 Schiada advertised that they had a 29 single on the market, I never seen one nor seen one featured in any of the boating mags. Anyways they really make a nice boat also. Schiada performance boat, another very hard find. Speaking of hard finds, I have something in the works. Totally different coming soon I hope.

Last edited by BUP; 04-01-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bert4332
Company "S" also builds one monster 32'. Saw one on the east coast in Maryland being towed, big boat that I was told does very well in the rough.
Company S's boats are very large for their size and remarkably solid (their layup routine looks a like like Laveys) and they take great care of their customers, and know everyone. Its not uncommon to see their 21-4 foot boats going to and from Catalina.

They are big and heavy and dont run fast per HP per se they are usually slow when compared to the top three with similar factory power. (42 being pretty fast for stock power)

Thing is there are very few Schiadas with stock power - that isnt why you buy a Schiada.
The owners tend to highly power them and often use V drives - one can never know just what you are seeing and on the river a turbo big block is kind of the standard thing for them all hidden neatly under a hatch so they can be quite stealth. Not usually the prettiest with funky lines, but I think these boats are beautiful.

There will be a V drive Schiada in my flotilla someday- after a deck boat.

If you want to see a monster look a their 42.

UD
Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Schiada is in the classifieds up here under other. Its a 2009 - 32 with 525's at DCB for 155k also there is another Schiada 32 on boat trader that has 6.2 Merc's. 6.2 's, wonder who would order such a very nice big boat and put 6.2's in it. Kind of like buying a new Stingray Vette and ordering it with only 200 hp.

Back in 2000 Schiada advertised that they had a 29 single on the market, I never seen one nor seen one featured in any of the boating mags. Anyways they really make a nice boat also. Schiada performance boat, another very hard find. Speaking of hard finds, I have something in the works. Totally different coming soon I hope.
I'm guessing the owner pulled the big power he built and stuffed it with those to be turn key. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to.

UD
Old 04-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

My friend that owns the boat here - lets call it the "C" boat. Its a 91 like my 20.8.

Hatch was just replaced to the tune of 2K because all the wood was rotted and unable to hold the bolts.
The floor was rotted to but not inclusive of the stringers. 5,000.00.

This can happen to almost any boat thats abused but this boat was cared for with great love

The fiberglass floor with a liner draining to the bilge is the ticket as is a one piece hatch.

If you flip boats after a season and only buy fresh no big deal, but as the boats age how they were constructed has a huge impact on longevity.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Default First trip of 2014

Will Be in Parker 12-16. Rented a house in the keys going to chill after the big show.
Will have said 22 cole super hawk and the 20.8. Picked her up yesterday. Eric was a big help.

Foot throttle boats are a blast too- I pondered giving this little rocket up, but its soooo fun.

UD

The distortion is the youtube stabilization

The very last few seconds of the ride when we were coming of plane the reaction of the passengers was priceless.

"Holy ****" from the dude
"Oh My God" from the chick (she was smoking too)

The wife units (riding shotgun) is a pretty cool customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiYbs97NSyI

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-01-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:53 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Dave who rigged your boat with ITS ? Or I should say it appears to be ITS from Merc. - Pic a little dark on the back end to see clearly. I know that was not available back then. So your buying a Cole or was that the boat with the rotted wood from pic above.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Dave who rigged your boat with ITS ? Or I should say it appears to be ITS from Merc. - Pic a little dark on the back end to see clearly. I know that was not available back then. So your buying a Cole or was that the boat with the rotted wood from pic above.
Boat was rerigged in 08 with an ITS and fully hydraulic steering by - Laverycraft Performance Boats.

This was really the only way to add external steering on this boat with cutting into the molded swim step (a unique feature in 91 - that came back to haunt me- but if its worth doing its worth overdoing - I spent the dough.

The result is spectacular - The boat turns like a slot car. Especially with that looooong Speedmaster thats keeping me from the mid 90's with it.

The Cole Superhawk is a buddies.. Like those boats -especially Little Durrells as its got a BoostPower 502 in it that flat hauls coal.

I never liked coles enough to pick them over Lavey either on the first or second purchase. I look at everything.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-01-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Will Be in Parker 12-16. Rented a house in the keys going to chill after the big show.
Will have said 22 cole super hawk and the 20.8. Picked her up yesterday. Eric was a big help.

Foot throttle boats are a blast too- I pondered giving this little rocket up, but its soooo fun.

UD
Eric as in my buddy?

Here's a couple vids I took of Uncle Dave's 20.8

Fast forward to 1.30

http://youtu.be/M1jGIuv7JxI

http://youtu.be/xfbNkf2FPk0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.