2005 Lavey Craft SVL Race boat >

2005 Lavey Craft SVL Race boat

Notices

2005 Lavey Craft SVL Race boat

Old 12-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
I understand as we talked about it up here before as I asked / said most likely you knocked down the lip on the strakes to take out some lift and plant the bottom.
Correct. All the lip strakes were removed EXCEPT the two in the front. Then a total of four full strakes were removed - two per side.

The 29 is a bit different in handling than the 2750. I think Lavey didn't make this change final on the 29 because of this reason. Due to the fact it's overall quite a bit bigger, it's less of a drivers boat compared to the 2750. With the 29 being a pretty large single engine boat it performs very well with all the natural lift. If I remember correctly, the 29 really only needs this mod with 1000hp+ or twin engine setup.

Last edited by lavey jr; 12-20-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:36 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to add in my posts - "for the twin engine apps in the 29" like what was done to Jake's boat on the hull bottom. Thats really what I was referring to about the 29. Twin apps and certain high speeds for the 29. Thanks again for your time. John

Last edited by BUP; 12-21-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where the Laveycraft SVL ended up? Is it still for sale by any chance?

Last edited by littleMDGperformance; 08-23-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by littleMDGperformance View Post
Anyone know where the Laveycraft SVL ended up? Is it still for sale by any chance?
It's owned by Team Woody Racing and they use the boat for shootouts. I believe they're located on Texas but not 100% sure. You can find them on Facebook and Instagram by searching for Team Woody Racing.