Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   LaveyCraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft-205/)
-   -   I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft/336366-i-hear-there-will-some-new-news-coming-down-pike.html)

BUP 04-13-2016 06:17 PM

I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike

Maybe a thread

"awake the sleeping giant"

or

"Bringing Back the single V hull performance boat"

man where on earth did they all go. Surely this type of buyer is still out there that wants to haul the mail, enter in Poker Runs and or just show off his custom built boat on the waterways no matter how bad the water conditions are..

Uncle Dave 04-14-2016 09:12 PM

A Birdy whispered in my ear about a new partnership.....

UD

Schweeng 04-26-2016 11:58 AM

you guys are funny........Wow - saw the article and could not be happier for the 3 of you.
I should have commissioned the first "new" 29 (it needs a built in windshield- simple like a 38 Top Gun) Don't go all EVO crazy...... lol

Good luck guys!!!!!!!

ToMorrow44 04-26-2016 12:08 PM

Looking forward to the legendary UD build thread! Should be an awesome boat, probably one of the best single engine vee bottoms out there. I'll look forward to seeing it at Lanier next year!

Uncle Dave 04-27-2016 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 4432715)
you guys are funny........Wow - saw the article and could not be happier for the 3 of you.
I should have commissioned the first "new" 29 (it needs a built in windshield- simple like a 38 Top Gun) Don't go all EVO crazy...... lol

Good luck guys!!!!!!!

We can put a windshield on it for you!

Thanks Tom- looking forward to making more East Coast friends with the brand!

We'll document the whole build- molds are being prepped now!

UD

Sydwayz 04-27-2016 10:56 AM

Outboards would have been better! :hitfan: :bong: :popcorn:

Uncle Dave 04-27-2016 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 4433078)
Outboards would have been better! :hitfan: :bong: :popcorn:

well....a 27 ft Cat with twin 400's would be fun....

UD

techman 04-27-2016 01:28 PM

Best of luck! Hopefully it can be a success in this tough market. Outerlimits tried with their 29 footer and Fountain promised a new 29, but neither of those managed any traction. Fountain's was strictly a paper exercise.

It has to be priced right!

Wasted Income 04-27-2016 03:05 PM

Don't forget about the Active Thunder 29s. Looks like a great boat, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of sales on them.

Sunsation still offers the 288, but unfortunately all I've seen out of them lately is CCX boats. I use the term "unfortunately" loosely...whatever keeps them is business is good, so at least they could make a 288 if someone ordered one....which I suspect is where the issue lies. No orders for that size/type of boat.

techman 04-27-2016 03:28 PM

That single engine performance boat in the sub 30 foot range is a tough nut to crack. Unless you are selling runabouts but those don't require the investment sport boats do. I think the used market is also giving this range a hard time too. Lot's of higher end twins out there for less than any new single model. Who will restore the balance?