Whipplizing a 525 for a 27.5 LaveyCraft NuEra >

Whipplizing a 525 for a 27.5 LaveyCraft NuEra

Notices

Whipplizing a 525 for a 27.5 LaveyCraft NuEra

Old 05-29-2017, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lavey jr
When I went to drive a 2750 to 90mph+ for my first time when I was only 13 years old, the tripod analogy is exactly what my dad told me and it's stuck with me ever since then. That boat's trim indicator was layed out with the each tab being on the outside (port/stbd) and the drive in the middle, just as you'd view it on the transom. That layout made it easier for my eyes to monitor as I was driving. I used the same settings when I drove the 28 EVO to 100mph and I use that same settings on all boat's I drive.

Dave's 2750 runs Merc 280 tabs that measure 19"
If you install Merc 380 tabs on a 2750 that does not have an extension box, you will run into problems... They are too long and when a certain combination of tab/drive settings is in place the prop will hit the tab while turing. The most common trim tab installed by Lavey on a 2750 is in fact the 380's but they cut them down about 6" to prevent the prop intersection. A full Merc 380 measures 30" so cutting it down to 24" will make that middle ground between a 280 and 380, another alternate is Eddie Marine or Livorsi tabs that already measure 24" out of the box.

As for the question about the handling on Quents boat with the Maximus. It handled very well all around mid range was excellent, while cruising in the 4000rpm range it was running 0 boost, but like any other 2750 in the 95mph+ range it was the typical 2750 drivers boat. We also ran a bravo1 4 blade on it and the handling at top speed was definitely loose, me personally if I was going to be running a 2750 over 90mph I would always run a 5 blade. Keep in mind Quents boat was also a 1.50 gear ratio running at sea level. I have driven a 2750 with a 1.36 gear ratio at around 850hp and it really killed all it's holeshot and acceleration even with small props, we immediately changed it back to a 1.50. Also, even the 28 EVO that had 1100hp Lavey still kept it at a 1.50 gear ratio and that boat is now running in the low 120mph range. The 2750 is really not the boat to run a 1.36 ratio.
Jr.
What prop was the 1100hp EVO running with the 1.5 gears to achieve 120 mph?
Thanks
Old 05-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Jr.
What prop was the 1100hp EVO running with the 1.5 gears to achieve 120 mph?
Thanks
When the boat left Lavey it had a Mercury 34 pitch maximus. The boat is now located in Germany and getting full communication is difficult with the broken english. From what they've told me and from what I understand they haven't changed anything on the boat set up.