**NEW 2018** 28 EVO raceboat >

**NEW 2018** 28 EVO raceboat

Notices

**NEW 2018** 28 EVO raceboat

Old 01-13-2021, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 222 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedshopmarine View Post
The boat was sold to a friend of Bryan Forehands. That is why the boat is at Marker 17. For those of you that don’t know who he is look up any Successful Fountain or Outerlimits Kilo boat in the last 20 years and he had his hand involved. He is the one who has done bottom work on the boat to make it turn. For those of you that think the owner needs to “learn to drive a lavey” I can tell you I have been maintaining and driving the original orange race boat for over 5 years now. We had the bottom of that boat reworked also. It is a far different world driving them in a straight line on the river and running them in racing conditions and navigating tight turns. Anyway. The blue boat is still brand new with no holes in it. It has had the bottom modified. The person I sold it to was going to rig it but had the chance to buy a outerlimits he had been trying to purchase just a month after buying the Lavey Craft. This is the only carbon laid lavey and will definitely be super fast. It is no question in the hands of one of the most qualified men on the planet to make it a record setter.

Cool to hear Brian has it, do they think it will make the circuit this year?
Old 01-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No plans for anymore work on it at this time.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (01-22-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The boat was sold to a friend of Bryan Forehands. That is why the boat is at Marker 17. For those of you that don’t know who he is look up any Successful Fountain or Outerlimits Kilo boat in the last 20 years and he had his hand involved. He is the one who has done bottom work on the boat to make it turn. For those of you that think the owner needs to “learn to drive a lavey” I can tell you I have been maintaining and driving the original orange race boat for over 5 years now. We had the bottom of that boat reworked also. It is a far different world driving them in a straight line on the river and running them in racing conditions and navigating tight turns. Anyway. The blue boat is still brand new with no holes in it. It has had the bottom modified. The person I sold it to was going to rig it but had the chance to buy a outerlimits he had been trying to purchase just a month after buying the Lavey Craft. This is the only carbon laid lavey and will definitely be super fast. It is no question in the hands of one of the most qualified men on the planet to make it a record setter.
I’ve run a 28 EVO in offshore racing conditions and also turned the boat at over 80mph with zero handling issues.

The blue 28 EVO is not the only carbon laid boat Lavey has built. Here’s a couple old crappy pictures from back in 2010 of a 2750 NuEra open bow laid in carbon/Kevlar. The orange 28 EVO open cockpit with a GT1200 in it that’s over in Germany also had carbon fiber in its laminate. There’s also been a 27 Sabre that had carbon in its laminate.

Last edited by lavey jr; 01-14-2021 at 04:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (01-22-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 09:52 PM
Registered

Last edited by lavey jr; 01-24-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr View Post
I was told by your father my 28’ evo was the only full carbon evo built. He even made a big deal out of how bad he underbid the price to me because it was the first one he had done. So get your stories lined up and get back to me.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Registered

I was told by your father my 28’ evo was the only full carbon evo built. He even made a big deal out of how bad he underbid the price to me because it was the first one he had done. So get your stories lined up and get back to me.
Awesome, here I am getting back to you.
If you want to take it there, then you sir get your story lined up.

You originally stated "This is the only carbon laid lavey" but now you are saying your 28' evo was the only full carbon evo built. Which one is it? The only Lavey or the only 28 EVO?
So now let's get technical...

You first generalized all Lavey models by saying "This is the only carbon laid lavey" when you probably should have said Lavey 28 EVO. Hence why I posted pictures of a 2750, not a 28 EVO because they're different boats. And yes that 2750 is a different bottom than the blue 28 EVO is so yes it's a different boat entirely. Now, the orange 28 EVO in Germany I spoke of and the 27 Sabre I spoke of both had 2 layers of straight carbon fiber in it. The blue 28 EVO at Marker 17 is not full carbon that you are saying in these posts, it is a carbon/kevlar weave which is entirely different than doing a boat with only full carbon. So what is it? The only full carbon laid Lavey or the only full carbon/kevlar laid Lavey?

So at the end of the day, my story is straight. You just chose to use the incorrect words in the story that you were claiming which makes your story incorrect as a whole.

Last edited by lavey jr; 02-14-2021 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Edited for added information
Old 03-20-2021, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr View Post
Awesome, here I am getting back to you.
If you want to take it there, then you sir get your story lined up.

You originally stated "This is the only carbon laid lavey" but now you are saying your 28' evo was the only full carbon evo built. Which one is it? The only Lavey or the only 28 EVO?
So now let's get technical...

You first generalized all Lavey models by saying "This is the only carbon laid lavey" when you probably should have said Lavey 28 EVO. Hence why I posted pictures of a 2750, not a 28 EVO because they're different boats. And yes that 2750 is a different bottom than the blue 28 EVO is so yes it's a different boat entirely. Now, the orange 28 EVO in Germany I spoke of and the 27 Sabre I spoke of both had 2 layers of straight carbon fiber in it. The blue 28 EVO at Marker 17 is not full carbon that you are saying in these posts, it is a carbon/kevlar weave which is entirely different than doing a boat with only full carbon. So what is it? The only full carbon laid Lavey or the only full carbon/kevlar laid Lavey?

So at the end of the day, my story is straight. You just chose to use the incorrect words in the story that you were claiming which makes your story incorrect as a whole.
I was aware of the inlays and stuff done before. I was told by your dad the blue evo was The first full carbon lay up he had done. So again I will say you guys need to get the story straight. It’s sad to see a company build such a great boat and be so full of crap. I guess that may be why the shop got closed up. Boat market is stronger than it ever has been. The product definitely isn’t a problem to sell....
Old 03-24-2021, 02:32 PM
Registered

I was aware of the inlays and stuff done before. I was told by your dad the blue evo was The first full carbon lay up he had done. So again I will say you guys need to get the story straight. It’s sad to see a company build such a great boat and be so full of crap. I guess that may be why the shop got closed up. Boat market is stronger than it ever has been. The product definitely isn’t a problem to sell....
The story is straight. You're just clearly not understanding it correctly nor did you initially word it correctly.
Go back and read your original post I was replying to in the first place, post #30.
You did not say it was the first FULL carbon layup Lavey. You said "This is the only carbon laid lavey..." Then every post after that you changed to saying first full carbon laid or first evo that's full carbon which yes that's correct but that wasn't even what I was initially replying to.

So, again just like my responses have said it isn't the only boat Lavey has laid up with carbon, hence all my examples. If you would have initially said it was the first FULL carbon layup, my responses would be different. Not sure how any of this makes Lavey full of crap.