**NEW 2018** 28 EVO raceboat >

**NEW 2018** 28 EVO raceboat

Notices

**NEW 2018** 28 EVO raceboat

Old 01-13-2021, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedshopmarine View Post
The boat was sold to a friend of Bryan Forehands. That is why the boat is at Marker 17. For those of you that don’t know who he is look up any Successful Fountain or Outerlimits Kilo boat in the last 20 years and he had his hand involved. He is the one who has done bottom work on the boat to make it turn. For those of you that think the owner needs to “learn to drive a lavey” I can tell you I have been maintaining and driving the original orange race boat for over 5 years now. We had the bottom of that boat reworked also. It is a far different world driving them in a straight line on the river and running them in racing conditions and navigating tight turns. Anyway. The blue boat is still brand new with no holes in it. It has had the bottom modified. The person I sold it to was going to rig it but had the chance to buy a outerlimits he had been trying to purchase just a month after buying the Lavey Craft. This is the only carbon laid lavey and will definitely be super fast. It is no question in the hands of one of the most qualified men on the planet to make it a record setter.

Cool to hear Brian has it, do they think it will make the circuit this year?
Old 01-13-2021, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No plans for anymore work on it at this time.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (01-22-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The boat was sold to a friend of Bryan Forehands. That is why the boat is at Marker 17. For those of you that don’t know who he is look up any Successful Fountain or Outerlimits Kilo boat in the last 20 years and he had his hand involved. He is the one who has done bottom work on the boat to make it turn. For those of you that think the owner needs to “learn to drive a lavey” I can tell you I have been maintaining and driving the original orange race boat for over 5 years now. We had the bottom of that boat reworked also. It is a far different world driving them in a straight line on the river and running them in racing conditions and navigating tight turns. Anyway. The blue boat is still brand new with no holes in it. It has had the bottom modified. The person I sold it to was going to rig it but had the chance to buy a outerlimits he had been trying to purchase just a month after buying the Lavey Craft. This is the only carbon laid lavey and will definitely be super fast. It is no question in the hands of one of the most qualified men on the planet to make it a record setter.
I’ve run a 28 EVO in offshore racing conditions and also turned the boat at over 80mph with zero handling issues.

The blue 28 EVO is not the only carbon laid boat Lavey has built. Here’s a couple old crappy pictures from back in 2010 of a 2750 NuEra open bow laid in carbon/Kevlar. The orange 28 EVO open cockpit with a GT1200 in it that’s over in Germany also had carbon fiber in its laminate. There’s also been a 27 Sabre that had carbon in its laminate.

Last edited by lavey jr; 01-14-2021 at 05:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (01-22-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Last edited by lavey jr; Yesterday at 10:50 AM.