Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
New 2750 NuEra MCOB twin outboards >

New 2750 NuEra MCOB twin outboards

Notices

New 2750 NuEra MCOB twin outboards

Old 05-25-2018, 03:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just wondering how the cockpit was configured since the outboards would negate the necessity of the engine compartment so I checked out the pictures and it looks like the cockpit is the same. What is in the back where the sterndrive used to be?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
I was just wondering how the cockpit was configured since the outboards would negate the necessity of the engine compartment so I checked out the pictures and it looks like the cockpit is the same. What is in the back where the sterndrive used to be?
Yes, the cockpit is the same as a normal inboard. The "engine compartment" is now used as a big storage space. It's also the space where the two oil tanks are, batteries, battery isolators, and all the other rigging support equipment, along with two big fiberglass tubs for designated storage. In order to modify the cockpit to be bigger on an outboard application it would require a lot of work. I don't think its impossible, just a ton of work. I'll explain... The cockpit liner and deck are all one continuous piece in the mold, and Lavey also bonds the deck/hull while they're both still in the mold and bonding that deck/cockpit liner to the stringers of the hull... This in return makes the boat literally ONE PIECE rather than a deck and a hull bonded together while they're both already out of the mold and also makes the boat as straight as the mold is not allowing any movement while trying to bond them together. This is the video of this boat coming out of the mold and it somewhat displays what I mean

So in order for Lavey to make that cockpit bigger; they would have to pop the deck out on its own, cut the cockpit liner to extend it, patch and repair that extension, and then bond the deck and hull together. I can't say 100% for sure, but I'm sure it is more than possible if the customer wanted that to be done because I've seen Lavey do some crazy amazing things with fiberglass.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been waiting since the beginning of this project to hear the dialed in performance results.
Nothing short of Spectacular!
Kudos to the team at Lavey!
Definitely a successful extension to the line and a testament to the brand and it's heritage.
Classy, Super Fast and Built to Last!
Congrats Guys, she's a winner!

Do I dare say possible retrofit to an existing 2750 stern-drive?
Pair of 400R's?

Last edited by GoodTrade 2750; 05-30-2018 at 09:36 PM. Reason: wrong quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

The boat looks sensational and interesting to read about the build, hull and deck joined in the mold and also the liner design.
I was surprised to see it come out with a foredeck and then cut the open bow, I just assumed there wouldn't have been a different mold for the MCOB.

I love the simplicity of the transom and still retained the profile with the boarding platforms. I'd love to do that to my Donzi!

RR

Old 01-25-2019, 05:49 PM
Registered

This boat has some new top end numbers this week
These speeds are all "real world" numbers with a fully loaded boat with anchor and all other day boating supplies as if you'd be using it on any ordinary day and 1/2 tank of fuel (aprox. 50 gal). The dry weight of this boat is 5100lbs.

91 MPH!! Spinning 14-7/8” x 30” Dewald Cleavers, 1/2" bellow the bottom, at 6100 RPM and still getting 25 PSI of water pressure so there's plenty of room to raise the engines up for more speed.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:51 PM
Registered

Last edited by lavey jr; 01-25-2019 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Video did not show
Old 01-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Registered

40-80mph acceleration

Old 01-25-2019, 06:44 PM
Registered

90mph top speed

Old 10-17-2023, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like this boat has been repowered with 400's and is listed for sale. Why the change of heart? Whats the future plan?
Old 10-19-2023, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Looks like this boat has been repowered with 400's and is listed for sale. Why the change of heart? Whats the future plan?
Yes it was repowered with L6 400R’s. The owner wanted to switch it up and also shoot for the 100mph+ number so he could be more competitive in the racing class he’s in.

Future plan is to continue to race but in a bigger V bottom. For the class he races in that is capped at 100mph (i think), a bigger boat would be more beneficial and more comfortable. A bigger boat will also make his open ocean endurance runs a bit more comfortable.

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (11-24-2023)