Another Lavey Question >

Another Lavey Question

Notices

Another Lavey Question

Old 05-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Lavey Question

I am curious about the layup of the 26 Nuera (more specifically the 2006-2007 model 26 Nuera's). I have wanted a used 2750 for years but as mentioned in previous post, those have all just about dried up. Before Lavey updated their website, the old website listed more specs for each build and one thing that stood out to me was that the 26 Nuera and the 2750 Nuera both listed a dry weight of 4500 lbs if my memory is correct (they were for sure both listed as the same weight). I thought I had read or heard that the reason for this was the 2750 was vacuum bagged and the 26 was not. Is this true? And is it true that both of these boats are the same weight with the same power? The new website only list weights including the trailer and the 2750 is considerably heavier, but all the 2750's I have seen come on triple axle trailers while all the 26's I've seen come on tandem axle trailers. Just wondering if I have the facts correct. Funny how people are asking the same price for the 26's that the 2750's were going for a few short years ago.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
I am curious about the layup of the 26 Nuera (more specifically the 2006-2007 model 26 Nuera's). I have wanted a used 2750 for years but as mentioned in previous post, those have all just about dried up. Before Lavey updated their website, the old website listed more specs for each build and one thing that stood out to me was that the 26 Nuera and the 2750 Nuera both listed a dry weight of 4500 lbs if my memory is correct (they were for sure both listed as the same weight). I thought I had read or heard that the reason for this was the 2750 was vacuum bagged and the 26 was not. Is this true? And is it true that both of these boats are the same weight with the same power? The new website only list weights including the trailer and the 2750 is considerably heavier, but all the 2750's I have seen come on triple axle trailers while all the 26's I've seen come on tandem axle trailers. Just wondering if I have the facts correct. Funny how people are asking the same price for the 26's that the 2750's were going for a few short years ago.
On average the weight difference between the two is around 500lbs. This number can change to 1000lbs+ depending on options. The 2750 could definitely come very close to the same weight as the 26 if the 2750 is built with lighter materials; foam core, carbon/kevlar, etc... The 26 is around 4500lbs and the 2750 is around 5000lbs.

For a standard 26 NuEra it is not vacuum bagged or balsa cored. In return it is built with more layers of fiberglass and core mat materials.
Whereas the 2750 gets balsa core and vacuum bag in its standard form.

I hope this answers your question.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lavey jr
On average the weight difference between the two is around 500lbs. This number can change to 1000lbs+ depending on options. The 2750 could definitely come very close to the same weight as the 26 if the 2750 is built with lighter materials; foam core, carbon/kevlar, etc... The 26 is around 4500lbs and the 2750 is around 5000lbs.

For a standard 26 NuEra it is not vacuum bagged or balsa cored. In return it is built with more layers of fiberglass and core mat materials.
Whereas the 2750 gets balsa core and vacuum bag in its standard form.

I hope this answers your question.
Hey Lavey Jr, when I was looking for a boat a couple of years ago, I found a nice Lavey 26 that I was really thinking about buying. Someone told me (and I am not trying to talk them down) that the 26 hull was not as fast as other Lavey hulls. Is there any truth to that or was that person full of (#*%$?? Could the materials used make a big difference in those boats? Don't get me wrong, I really like LaveyCraft boats, but after hearing that, I have always been curious about it. Back then, if I had found a nice 2750 I would have bought it in a heartbeat. At that time, every 2750 I found was either beat up or just out of my price range.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shunter2005
Hey Lavey Jr, when I was looking for a boat a couple of years ago, I found a nice Lavey 26 that I was really thinking about buying. Someone told me (and I am not trying to talk them down) that the 26 hull was not as fast as other Lavey hulls. Is there any truth to that or was that person full of (#*%$?? Could the materials used make a big difference in those boats? Don't get me wrong, I really like LaveyCraft boats, but after hearing that, I have always been curious about it. Back then, if I had found a nice 2750 I would have bought it in a heartbeat. At that time, every 2750 I found was either beat up or just out of my price range.
Yes that is a true statement. Engine power per foot of boat, the 26 NuEra is not as fast as the other Lavey's. This does not mean it is a slow boat, it just means that it isn't the fastest model in the Lavey lineup. The 26 was never designed to be the speed demon of boats. It was designed to be a bigger 26' boat that was a solid all around family performer. The bottom design is the same as the other NuEra's but the steps/strakes are positioned a little bit different, the speed has nothing to do with the materials being used.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lavey jr
Yes that is a true statement. Engine power per foot of boat, the 26 NuEra is not as fast as the other Lavey's. This does not mean it is a slow boat, it just means that it isn't the fastest model in the Lavey lineup. The 26 was never designed to be the speed demon of boats. It was designed to be a bigger 26' boat that was a solid all around family performer. The bottom design is the same as the other NuEra's but the steps/strakes are positioned a little bit different, the speed has nothing to do with the materials being used.
lavey jr. Thanks for clarifying the info for me. Good to know that it was designed that way. I can see the reasoning for it. A dang nice family boat.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There isnt a huge delta in performance - a MPH or two at most.

UD

Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well damn, I guess based on those numbers you posted UD, I should be looking at a 24 NuEra. Is the 24 a full 24 deg deadrise? How does it handle the rough compared to the 26 or 2750? Better yet start building a bunch of new 2750's for older 2750 owners to upgrade to so I can pick up there 2750.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Well damn, I guess based on those numbers you posted UD, I should be looking at a 24 NuEra. Is the 24 a full 24 deg deadrise? How does it handle the rough compared to the 26 or 2750? Better yet start building a bunch of new 2750's for older 2750 owners to upgrade to so I can pick up there 2750.
Yes the 24 NuEra is a 24* bottom with no pad and no notch in the transom. It will handle the rough water probably better than almost all boats in this size range, but of course the 26 and 2750 will handle better due to being bigger. The 24 NuEra was actually raced in the offshore circuit for a season or two and won many races so it's been tested out in the rough quite a bit. For the record; the 24, 26, 2750, and 29 have all been raced offshore for many seasons. Pictured bellow is the 24 out on the race course.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fastest Bowtie... Sent you a PM
Old 08-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 26 with a 500efi would run 72 all day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.