Cockpit seats

Notices

Cockpit seats

Old 06-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cockpit seats

I have a 2005 27.5 mid cabin. Took my cover off to get her cleaned up and found my driver and passenger seat upholstery has started to break down. Funny how things will "break" even when they are sitting. They are the original seats and white upholstery. My question is do I have Lavey reupholster the old ones or go with the newer style high back seats? I would like to sit lower in the boat and wondered if the newer seats do that? Lastly, I like standing in the boat when in close quarters for docking etc., is that still reasonable with the newer seats? Appreciate any feedback .
Michael
Old 06-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mbjhachapi
I have a 2005 27.5 mid cabin. Took my cover off to get her cleaned up and found my driver and passenger seat upholstery has started to break down. Funny how things will "break" even when they are sitting. They are the original seats and white upholstery. My question is do I have Lavey reupholster the old ones or go with the newer style high back seats? I would like to sit lower in the boat and wondered if the newer seats do that? Lastly, I like standing in the boat when in close quarters for docking etc., is that still reasonable with the newer seats? Appreciate any feedback .
Michael
The seats themselves don’t determine the seating height because they both use the same size bottom cushion. For different seating height that change will be made in the seat bases. For a 2005 2750 they were most commonly built with the tubular stainless steel seat bases, which I assume that’s what you have ??
If I remember correctly there were two different height seat bases Lavey used in that era and there was also an option of having a swinging drop out bottom or a fixed bottom where you would have to lift out the bottom cushion.

Lavey now uses billet aluminum seat bases which come in different heights and also have the option of a swinging drop out bottom. I would need to know the current height and style of seat base you currently have to give guidance on newer replacements.

As for the the difference between the older style bucket seat vs the newer high back. Personally I prefer the high back seat because it gives a little more support and comfort while sitting in it and it also has more modern style.

Blue boat is 2750 with high back and “manual” lift the cushion out type deal

Red boat is a 29 with high back and drop out bottom cushion style

Old 06-07-2019, 09:16 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I do like the high back style since it will give the boat a newer look. I'll get the information to you that you need. I'll likely compromise on the drop down, since I would like to sit lower in the boat or maybe just be able to remove the cushion like I do now. Other issues are that my current mounts are not the same bolt pattern as the new ones. Yes, I have the older tubular mounts. Also I have a tube rail that goes from the side of the rear seat and mounts to the back of the chair. Most likely I'll select the seats and mount height and bring the boat in for you to do the installation.
Thanks again.
Michael