Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed >

Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed

Notices

Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed

Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed

Well the wheels have started turning for the Magnum reunion and so far so good. What I am asking for now are ideas from you guys as to what you would like to see and do during this historic event. So far here is what I've got. The event is to be held during the Chattanooga offshore race the weekend of Oct 13. This race includes speed kilo runs, lap record runs and Sundays two races. So far we are going to have a special place for our reunion and to show the crowd these special boats. Some of these special boats will be competing in the races as I am sure my Pirates, Vixen, and hopefully a few more. I am also going to try and get the factory to get involved with this if only a small part but I do think they should have some involvement. We feel Tennessee is a good central location to have this so it is not to far for most people as apposed to Miami. I would like to see 25 to thirty Magnums show up and have a great time. I am sure we can even get a magazine to cover it also. So give me some ideas cause I want this to be a huge success.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed

Magnum 27,Sounds like a great start and you can count on Vixen being thier,barring another storm this year.If i can buy my gear back we will rce her in P5 or 4 depending on what eng.i put in.I have some ideas about a couple fun events that all the boats could get on the water for the spectaters and wouldnt need race gear or have to run very fast.Get back with you on this latter if we hear from more owners and MAGNUM.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered

So far Pops of APBA has no problem with letting us have it during this event but is supposed to call me and talk more about it, I was just hoping some of you would be able to give me some input on what you would like to see and do during this weekend. Give me all your ideas
Old 02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Registered

sent an e-mail to Magnum telling them about the reunion and that when I am in Miami in April for the race I would stop in a discuss it more with them. We'll see how this unfolds!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds great!

My only question would be how crowded are the launch ramps going to be?.......I can see it being a bit of a nightmare trying to cordinate that.

Otherwise I'm excited and will do everything in my power to be there with my boat.

Aaron.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Registered

there were between 30-50 boats racing last year and the ramps where never a problem, it's a pretty big ramp, three boats can launch at a time, plus there are people there that take care of keeping everyone in line and moving smoothly so I don't have any worries about that
Old 02-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Registered

So would we launch every day or keep them at a marina?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered

well when the boats are not launched they will be in a special section of the dry pits with the race boats as a display
Old 02-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Registered

Sounds cool......I am really excited!

I think this could be great!

Aaron
Old 02-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

I just got an e-mail from my friend Andy. He's restoring a 27 sport right now and says he will definitely be there.

Here's a pic he sent me. He's doing kind of a "resto-mod" thing with it.

Hope I resized it right.....
Attached Thumbnails Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed-bdi_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Magnum Reunion Ideas Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.