Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   Lake St Clair Magnum's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/150818-lake-st-clair-magnums.html)

Lee 09-24-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by MDonziM (Post 3511169)
Sweet looking Mag! Was it yellow from the factory? Either way, awesome looking.

Original yellow, Mag #366

scippy 09-24-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 3511452)
Original yellow, Mag #366

I look at that boat and think...........What could be better?............Moderate & dependable power and looks that could kill!....................Mannnn! - Oneday, I hope!

Lee 09-24-2011 11:31 PM

I agree, the 27' Magnum Sport has the perfect proportions and the sexiest lines of any boat, it defines how a offshore boat should look.

My only drawback is the lack of freeboard, if your 6' or taller it feels kinda weird with the gunnels at your kneecaps but I guess you can always drop the floor down like many have done in the past.

Kinda why HallJ looks like a giraffe in his Sport:party-smiley-004:

24degrees 09-25-2011 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 3511554)
I agree, the 27' Magnum Sport has the perfect proportions and the sexiest lines of any boat, it defines how a offshore boat should look.

My only drawback is the lack of freeboard, if your 6' or taller it feels kinda weird with the gunnels at your kneecaps but I guess you can always drop the floor down like many have done in the past.

Kinda why HallJ looks like a giraffe in his Sport:party-smiley-004:

He looks like a giraffe out of his Sport too...:evilb::evilb:

h2oboater 09-25-2011 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 24degrees (Post 3511570)
He looks like a giraffe out of his Sport too...:evilb::evilb:

YUP!!!! :party-smiley-004:

hallj 09-25-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 3511666)
YUP!!!! :party-smiley-004:

I'm just glad your couch is long enough!

Jeff

h2oboater 09-25-2011 10:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hallj (Post 3512092)
I'm just glad your couch is long enough!

Jeff

Only if Lola lets you have it . :grinser010:

h2oboater 10-05-2011 10:14 PM

It Begins

5 Attachment(s)
I'm testing my sport I bought last June for the first time tomorrow,. If all goes well than I will start the Magnums restoration now that all the hard work on the Donzi is done. :lolhit:
I pulled the cover off for the first time since June, replaced some fuel lines and a quick wash and it's ready to test her out. The pic's make her really look good, but she will need all the white deck & bottom redone.
There are many cool Magnums out there, is one better than a another ??? Unfortunately the Magnum market is not like the classic car market. I sold my race Mag, that may have won the most victory's :drink: of any Mag for 18k back in 1986. That was the fair market price back then even though it had a rich race history. In fact the race history may have hurt it's sale. :eek:

When I restore this Mag I wont be doing it to flip her, as I plan on doing all the work myself. I just want to have a fun Mag that I wont be afraid to enjoy. :ernaehrung004:

scippy 10-05-2011 10:46 PM

Mark,

How exstensive will the restoration be?............good luck & very eager to see this get under way..........it's hard to tell, but in the pic of the engines it looks like there's no bench seat or does it fold foward?

h2oboater 10-06-2011 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by scippy (Post 3520790)
Mark,

How exstensive will the restoration be?............good luck & very eager to see this get under way..........it's hard to tell, but in the pic of the engines it looks like there's no bench seat or does it fold foward?

The top of the back seat flips forward. I'm going to modify the catches, it does make it easier to work on. I plan to cut the floor and add foot wells like I had in my old mag. After the run we did in Apache Johns yellow Mag I know I need stand up seats. The boat needs to be taken down to a blank hull cleaned up and re rigged. But until I run it I wont know for sure. :party-smiley-004: Here is a pic of the back seat & hinge.