Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   How many of these are left? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/152051-how-many-these-left.html)

Bigbroadjumper 02-22-2007 09:59 PM

How many of these are left?

2 Attachment(s)
Since we have so much knowledge on this board, I wonder how many of these are left? My wife is always telling me to get rid of my "junk" and I tell her it may be one of the very few still around. What do you think?

24degrees 02-23-2007 12:00 AM

I forgot you had a Marauder........that's a great little boat!

They were only made for a couple years......apparently Apeco dropped that model pretty quick.

Magnum says they believe only 20 were made........can't be many left.

cuda 02-23-2007 10:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I saw one year before last at the Cresent Lake Kilo Run here in Florida. It was a beautiful boat. I didn't even know Magnum made one before I saw it.

cuda 02-23-2007 10:56 PM

Hmm, now I see it's a different boat. Is it the same hull?

24degrees 02-24-2007 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think it's a Magnum......unless someone changed the bow.....it looks more pointed?

Here are the two little boats they made......the Marauder and Missile.

mr vinyl 02-25-2007 09:24 AM

When I get over to Magnum I will see if I can get any info on the Missle,& Maruder from my sources not many around... not a safe boat ...very easy to flip backwords .I have also learned that they changed decks on some of the boats,hulls were the same different decks.
Bigbroadjumper what has been your experince with.. it what are the ID #s on the back of the tranmson.???

Bigbroadjumper 02-25-2007 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by mr vinyl (Post 2038072)
When I get over to Magnum I will see if I can get any info on the Missle,& Maruder from my sources not many around... not a safe boat ...very easy to flip backwords .I have also learned that they changed decks on some of the boats,hulls were the same different decks.
Bigbroadjumper what has been your experince with.. it what are the ID #s on the back of the tranmson.???

Marauder is a mono hull and the Missile is a tunnel. My boat becomes a had full around 60 but I think that is because the steering is sloppy. I want to upgrade the steering to hydraulic and that should solve that problem. Other then that... lots of fun.

My wife hates it! She thinks it looks like a shoe.

mr vinyl 03-04-2007 04:08 PM

If she thinks it looks like a shoe then sell it...only kidding. However if you think you ever might want to sell it call me .Bud

HPJunkie 03-05-2007 09:53 AM

Ill take it! :D

tommymonza 03-22-2007 01:42 AM

When i first moved to Florida 22 years ago i met a guy who had a missile.He used to run the chit out of it and he would consistently beat my 19 foot V in 2-3s all day long in the 60 mph range.The ride was very similar to a 18 Skater that i had ridden in having grown up in Holland ,Mi.It was suprising how well the Missile would run in the 2-3's.