Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   ran the mag (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/157577-ran-mag.html)

nocigarette 05-06-2007 07:10 PM

ran the mag

Took it nice and easy saturday to break in the new mill, absolutly awsome, the boat ran great but i noticed a lot of water in my oil when i checked it................First things first dont ask me what cam i run because i have already been through that crap.............I have traced the problem from the tail pipes all the way through the risers into the manifolds......The manifolds are gen 111 stainless marine, i am just beside myself........... i have just about had enough................I sure hope the guy i bought these from helps me out..........They only have 3 hours on them and i rave about how great they are any chance i get..............

27 MAGNUM 05-06-2007 08:30 PM

Nocig, Sorry for your trouble.... are you running an oil cooler? could that be the leak? or are you saying you did you trace to the manifolds... if so, can't you just get a longer dry section of tailpipe?

nocigarette 05-07-2007 04:32 AM

i traced it to the manifolds, one side is leaking worse than the other.............

Mag27 05-07-2007 10:29 AM

No Cig,sorry to hear about your problem.I wont give you any BS because i been throu water problems too,and there no fun,and ontop of that your hair gets thinner each time.Your lucky your in fresh water and can clean up the mess without a complet tear down,down here with the salt water in the eng.you can just as well start over,once that salt gets in the bearing all you got is a piece of junk.As far as cam goes,i run a714 714 8center mech.and if that thing dont suck water nothing will.I got a set of 13--1 pistons on shelf i ran 2 times an filled up with salt both times,just couldnt hold a head gasket with them.give up an went with 10-1 and never had another problem.Hang in there i know how you feel right now. Mag27

nocigarette 05-07-2007 06:44 PM

thanks guys, i am going to pull the manifolds and check them first, i really dont think they are leaking.....I am thinking head related but the first spot to check it exhaust.......I tore the tail pipes off first, still water in the elbows, took those off and had very little water in the back too cyinders on port side and very back on starboard.......I cant believe it would leak on both sides....Less water on starboard though...It is barly a mist but still there.......gen 111 stainless just dont ever fail....

J-Bonz 05-07-2007 09:09 PM

What type exhaust and how old?
Jr.

tomas_wallin 05-08-2007 06:47 AM

Nocig mentioned Gen III's and about 3 years old further up the thread.

Hope it's an easy fix Nocig, so you may get out on the water soon!

Stormrider 05-08-2007 08:20 AM

Don't F around.
Send them to SM and get them up to par.
Unfortunately, you never really know what you are getting when buying used.

J-Bonz 05-08-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin (Post 2120185)
Nocig mentioned Gen III's and about 3 years old further up the thread.

Hope it's an easy fix Nocig, so you may get out on the water soon!

Sorry, my bad.
Jr.

nocigarette 05-09-2007 05:00 AM

bought them new, and put 70 pounds of air in them, then through them in my hot tub, no bubbles must be the heads or head gaskets ,intake etc......