28 Arrow Magnum >

28 Arrow Magnum

Notices

28 Arrow Magnum

Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mange.Man that is sweet,about 1000 lb lighter then Vixen,it should fly.My next eng. was going to be a 572,but with one spare 540 on the floor for 3 years i dont realy need another eng,anyway i can get in enough trouble with the 540s i got.When was looking at the transom it looked like you have a pad,and if you do whats your X?If you dont whats your x anyway0,looks high.Like your dash layout too,lookes more up to date then the older Mags.If i lived on a lake i might see if i could get 100mph out of Vixen,but the water ware we run with the big wakes and sudden rollers its not a good idea.Glad you started posting picts,maybe i started somthing here. MEL
Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mel, thanks for your kind words.

Yes its a pad, I remeber we had the drive 4" over X-dim.
I'll go down to the boat today and have some close up photos.

In fact people says this hull handle big water very well. I have to run it my self to belive it. My 28 Pantera 3 man was very sweet in big water but maybe little to heavy.

What speed you see with the 540? HP? RPM?. The only Magnum with V-wind sheild? Really like Vixen!!!

Mange
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Great looking rig, I would hate to think how many Kronas it would cost to build a boat of this Quality. Just building a big block Chevy in Swedan can't be cheep. A few years back I helped a friend in Swedan build a rally car, we sent him parts from Jeg's and Summit Racing to cut down the cost.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mange,thank you,i like the old gal too.I never paid much attention to H.P.if the eng give me what i was looking for it had enough,if it didnt we start over after we figure out why it didnt performe.The dark red 540 thats in Vixen now is the first one i put together with the 13-1 pistons and it was awsome,but we couldnt hold head gaskets so i cut it to 10-1,ok no more gasket problems but now were getting 81 at 5200 with a 14 an quarter 28 prop,ok,but not great.Then at the race in St.Cloud first race for the 540 we ding the prop in practice,the only thing we can do is put on my spare 26.All of a sudden this thing came alive,the RPM went up to 6200 and we were near 90.We pulled out after 2 laps and got DQd when the ----- ref. found out about it.Never run that prop again.I would guess around 700 to 750 HP at 6200 thou.That boat yours i would bet will clear 100 with no problem.BE SAFE.no fun if your dead. MEL
Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Are these Arrows still being produced or does anyone know the location of the molds?!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Can't wait to see/hear a video clip of it. GOOD JOB!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

h2oboater, Thanks man! I have been looking a lot at your 27 Magnum race pics lately and it gives alot of insparation!
I bought this 572/620 from a company in Arlington Hights for I think 2 years ago. Toke it to my friend Johnny and have new walves (Manley's) and some other jobs to make a good marine engine. That Demon carb who came with the engine was i real pcs of s**t... We orderd a 1000CFM Holley (little to big) but we dynod the engine to 631,3HP @5100 and it was not bad for a 620hp engine. I used this motor in my 28 Pantera last season. Then I toke the engine out and sold the Pantera till Finland. And now make a blower engine....
And yes IT'S bad business to build a US-engine, BUT IT'S FUN!!!

Mel,
DQd...HE HE HE. What drive you run? XR?

EastGateCustoms,
The molds are here in Sweden.

Here is a grey 28 Arrow, pretty cool.

Thanks

Mange
Attached Thumbnails 28 Arrow Magnum-arrow-830b.jpg  

Last edited by Mange; 09-03-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Registered

I must say this project is going to be a bad killer!

We are really looking forward to seeing the Arrow in the water and see what it runs... Since I once guessed 112mph I'm gonna stick with that, just wrap that plate of lead to your right foot and you'll get there!

Glad to see that you US-guys likes this project!

/Tomas
Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mange,I put a new bravo one on in 2000 and still run it today. The only thing i did different was using synthetice gear lube,a good shower,and changing the lube after every race along with the eng oil witch was also synth.Never had it apart the first time yet. Tomas,if that boat has a good streight bottom and only weighs in at 3600lbs i think 112 should be no problem,with that eng. Mel
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

WOW. what a clean looking boat. Would you happen to know where the molds are in Sweden. I have my godfather in Munich that he is getting ready to put a container together and send a new 1 series BMW home from work. Is there a website to a corporation there or is it privately owned?

Quick Reply: 28 Arrow Magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.