Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   What to look for when buying a Magnum? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/186939-what-look-when-buying-magnum.html)

edz586 05-18-2008 11:05 AM

What to look for when buying a Magnum?

I'm looking to buy a Magnum or a Aronow type boat with in the next year. What do I look for? problems and or pluses.
I was quite fond of a Orang and Brightly colored boat at Kean's Detroit in the nintys called Lunitic Fringe. I was told that it was an experimental Arronow hull with turbo charged Donovans SBC.
any one rember seeing that Boat?

nocigarette 05-18-2008 11:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am sure h20 boater will chime in and know that boats history......As far as a magnum not to much to tell they are very tough over built boats that can be bought way under there monatary value....A huge bang for your buck........My family is growing and i am going to get more involved in racing so mine will be in the classifieds shortly.....

Not trying to pirate the thread.......If and when you buy ,take the boat and the info to the board members here and they can tell ya all about the boat you choose and if it is worth the money.........In this market you can buy a hell of a lot of boat for your money.....

edz586 05-18-2008 11:18 AM

Thats what I have been seeing, with a lot of the magnums out there. but i have seen a lot that were cannibalized and put out to pasture all so.

Len S 05-18-2008 05:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by edz586 (Post 2561560)
I'm looking to buy a Magnum or a Aronow type boat with in the next year. What do I look for? problems and or pluses.
I was quite fond of a Orang and Brightly colored boat at Kean's Detroit in the nintys called Lunitic Fringe. I was told that it was an experimental Arronow hull with turbo charged Donovans SBC.

I have a magnum that i would sell if interested.. its not listed anywhere right now.

Got it all tuned up this past week/weekend and running great.
the boat is located on the st clair river... Im still unsure weather to keep the boat as it is very nace in/out and i do love the boat. but i would really like a 3-man race boat setup thats all other wise i will and would keep the Magnum.. Its pretty had to beat the ride and how she gose threw the waves. if you do get one be ready for a lot of guys to come over to the boat at the beach or were ever it is and want to know all about it. its pretty hard to beat the lines of a mag.. Just an owner's 2-cents

h2oboater 05-18-2008 11:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Here is a Aronow thats been on ebay many times that I think is like the Lunitic Fringe. Item number: 120262853453 Just watch OSO, with everyone that on here new boats are posted and talked about daily. I think by mid summer there will be many deals.

Lee 05-19-2008 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)

:party-smiley-004:

olredalert 05-19-2008 08:33 AM

---------Lee,,,Where and when was that picture taken??? Just wondering.........Bill S

edz586 05-19-2008 09:03 AM

Thats it! Any Info on her.

Lee 05-19-2008 09:12 AM

Hi Bill, I did not take the picture, it was sent to me, But I do know it was the Macomb Daily Shake on the lake in 1993 at Metro Beach.
Boat is in storage.

Len S 05-19-2008 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 2562045)
Here is a Aronow thats been on ebay many times that I think is like the Lunitic Fringe. Item number: 120262853453 Just watch OSO, with everyone that on here new boats are posted and talked about daily. I think by mid summer there will be many deals.

Hey Mark or Anyone eles...

What do you guys know about these boats, or about this one that is for sale on ebay again. i remeber seeing it for sale for a while now.

Looks like it is a nace boat and would crush anything you could throw at it on the lakes.. looking for info and your 2 cents..

I did not know that Don made these boats, are these are true Don Aronow hull or just a copy cat..