Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   Magnum Pretending to be Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/193738-magnum-pretending-cigarette.html)

SeeYouThere 08-22-2008 07:29 PM

Magnum Pretending to be Cigarette

I bought my boat last month. It was sold at the auction as a Cigarette, and is covered in Cigarette decals. But the actual HIN is ZNR70011M83E. And someone has then engraved CRT onto the front of the HIN. ZNR is described as being Magnum Marine from Ontario. I posted a thread in the Cigarette section about it, and posters have suggested that it is not a real Cigarette. So is it really a Magnum? Any suggestions?

h2oboater 08-22-2008 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by SeeYouThere (Post 2661150)
I bought my boat last month. It was sold at the auction as a Cigarette, and is covered in Cigarette decals. But the actual HIN is ZNR70011M83E. And someone has then engraved CRT onto the front of the HIN. ZNR is described as being Magnum Marine from Ontario. I posted a thread in the Cigarette section about it, and posters have suggested that it is not a real Cigarette. So is it really a Magnum? Any suggestions?

What size is it ?? And do you have any pictures you can post ?? I have seen a Canadian built 27' center console Mag with outboards that was for sale earlier this year. And MAGNUM MARINE CORP CANADA LTD may have made copy.

24degrees 08-23-2008 12:23 AM

Looks like a Sutphen copy.......

What's this Canadian Magnum Marine?.......

Lee 08-23-2008 10:59 AM

Follow the HIN's
ZNR= Magnum Marine Corp Canada LTD which acquired assets from.
PMR= Performance Marine in Maine which acquired assets from.

PIM= Panther Marine in California.

Looks like your boat went full circle since Panther Marine splashed the 24' Cigarette to begin with.

h2oboater 08-23-2008 11:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 2661545)
Follow the HIN's
ZNR= Magnum Marine Corp Canada LTD which acquired assets from.
PMR= Performance Marine in Maine which acquired assets from.

PIM= Panther Marine in California.

Looks like your boat went full circle since Panther Marine splashed the 24' Cigarette to begin with.

Here is the Panther Marine from the 70's >

SeeYouThere 08-23-2008 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 2661295)
What size is it ?? And do you have any pictures you can post ?? I have seen a Canadian built 27' center console Mag with outboards that was for sale earlier this year. And MAGNUM MARINE CORP CANADA LTD may have made copy.

It is 24'. Here is the only picture that I have so far.

h2oboater 08-24-2008 12:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SeeYouThere (Post 2661799)
It is 24'. Here is the only picture that I have so far.

Your picture dose not show all of the hulls details, dose it look at all like this 24' Lancer ??

Craney 08-24-2008 07:16 AM

What does the title say?

SeeYouThere 08-24-2008 10:16 AM

The name of the boat is "Black Widow". I will try and get a better picture of the hull.

floatingphil 08-25-2008 07:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures of the boat that I took on my camera phone a month or so ago.